Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update:

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! We are expecting a fix for this will take a few more days. This means you should anticipate receiving the classic sleep patterns for the coming days. Our team is working hard to get everyone their Sleep Stages back! We know how important this feature is and hope to have it resolved soon. Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some Blaze users receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring.

Best Answer
491 REPLIES 491

Same here!  2 nights in a row. Frustrating! 

Best Answer

Same here last two nights no sleep stages.

Best Answer

Sounds like Blaze is having issues. The last two nights it does not record sleep. No changes have been made. Restarted, made sure set to sensitivity, checked for updates  (none). 

I look forward to seeing Fitbit's response 

Best Answer

Same here. First replied to a post that is flagged as solved...It clearly isnt!

Fitbit.... Please sort this out - it's come form out of the blue. Sounds like none of us has changed anyvsettings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue was never completely solved. After trying all the different tricks & tips that fitbit listed; I had to essentially tweet them constantly to get it fixed.  But for the last 2 weeks off and on I've had the same problems. So this is not solved! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here although Fitbit just seek to post the standard explanation from the help menu and say it's resolved. It isn't...

Everyone posting now has lost detail for Friday/Saturday nights and none of us appears to have changed any settings. 

Best Answer

I posted yesterday. My Blaze is still not posting sleep stages. My battery is half full, slept way more than three hours and heart rate has been recorded all night. Therefore, sleep position not a problem. Shut off Fit bit and Note 5 phone. All software up to date. So please find another solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same - nothing has changed how I'm wearing it - getting sleep patterns instead of stages.  Going thru the posts, something is going on with the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The most infuriating part to this is when FITBIT marks this issue as solved when it's proven to be an ongoing issue for them.  They can roll out new $300 trackers, but can't get the basic functions of their product to work; And most importantly they do not communicate effectively to their consumers.

I had issues with the sleep trackers working intermittently and I've even gotten a 2nd blaze.  None of my sleep habits have change and I know all the listed tricks & tips.  It's fitbit's problem not the users.

Best Answer

The most infuriating part to this is when FITBIT marks this issue as solved when it's proven to be an ongoing issue for them.  They can roll out new $300 trackers, but can't get the basic functions of their product to work; And most importantly they do not communicate effectively to their consumers.

I had issues with the sleep trackers working intermittently and I've even gotten a 2nd blaze.  None of my sleep habits have change and I know all the listed tricks & tips.  It's fitbit's problem not the users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem.

Best Answer

Just purchased my Blaze and the sleep stages worked for a few days...now i'm just seeing sleep patterns for the last 2 nights...very disappointed 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using Blaze for a month now and I liked that it tracked sleep in terms of REM, light and deep sleep. However, after syncing today it switched sleep tracking to awake, restless and asleep. Why suddenly did it switch? Anyone else notice this happen on their sleep sync?

Best Answer

We have a thread going about this exact issue! You are not alone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done the same thing the last two nights.  I've been trying to figure out what the issue is.  

Best Answer

I sure hope this isn't a ploy...kinda like the Apple ploy where they slow your device down.  Some people will then decide to buy the newer model...hence the Ionic.   I am the queen of cynicism...so tell me I'm wrong. 

Best Answer

Same here, have had mine since July and it has worked perfectly every night except the last two nights.

Best Answer

I called customer service.  They say it's a known issue about the sleep stages and that they're working on it as quickly as possible.  They had me restart just in case and if it doesn't resolve within a few days to call them back.  I'm guessing it'll be next week before it's fixed given the holiday weekend.  

Best Answer

I have the blaze, I love the sleep stages been working normally for about a month suddenly for 3 days in a row now, no detailed sleep stages.  Find it hard to believe statically that for all 3 days the problem was with me. Got plenty of sleep, the tracker was snug enough to leave an impression, still no stages. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and I have since learned that we are not alone. 

Best Answer