Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Flickering Screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone, thanks for letting us know about those flickering screens. 

We apologize for the inconvenicence, but are happy to help out. If you are experiencing screen display abnormalities, please reach out to our Support Team here for help. We're happy to take a look at your tracker and help out!

Be sure to keep this thread posted about your case!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126
Just received blaze in the mail. It setup fine but I have this weird scrambled glitch look on my screen. Did a hard rest still won't go away. Damaged?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Has anyone found a solution to this? Mine looks like the screen is scrambled or is having a glitch changes colors and everything!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nalance Thanks for writing in. 

If a reboot of the device is unsuccessful in correcting this issue, then there isn't much more a customer can do- we'll take it from there! If you're experiencing this issue, you should definitely reach out to our Support Team. If you open an email case, be sure to shoot me your case number as soon as possible, so I can ensure you're taken care of effectively and efficiently. 

Hope this helps!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

Best Answer
Thank you will do! I have been waiting for an online rep for over 30 minutes it keeps booting me to the end of the line for some reason!
Best Answer
0 Votes
09173239 Is the number they sent me in an email
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm all over it like honey on a sweet biscut @Nalance!

You should have an email from me in your inbox!

Best Answer

My wife and I both upgraded to the Blaze and bought ours on amazon. Mine came last week and it worked fine. Her's came in today and started flickering after software update. I get flickering on all animation, certain clock screens & the today page. Rebotting & chaging the face does not help. 

I think there is something wrong with the screen itself. when I push on My blaze (one without fllicker) the screen is not disrupted. My wife's on the other hand (blaze with flicker) you can see waves on the screen as you push. This is gentle pushing too. I think we got a bad batch. 

I'm waiting for fitbit now to offer resolution but I think it's going to be easier to juts have amazon replace it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sent an image to Fitbit and they are sending me a replacement in the mail. They are definitely investigating the issue! Thanks Emerson for all your help!
Best Answer

Hello,

I received my blaze today. It's pretty cool! I paired it with my phone (super easy) and computer (also easy). It prompted to do a firmware update on my phone, which I did. The first time, the update failed. I attempted it again and it worked fine. All apps/programs show that the device is up to date (17.8.102.7).

The Blaze seems to work mostly fine. I just have one issue - the screen shows oddities. One example is attached. No amount of restarts or anything clear it up. This type of graphic abnormality shows up on different screens at different times. See below photo:

FitBit Blaze Screen

I haven't found a way to force a kind of firmware reset/reupdate, so I can't try that (to my knowledge, I'd love to hear otherwise).

It's charging right now in its little cradle. I'm hoping this doesn't need to be sent back to fitbit 😞

Best Answer

It looks like the screen is broken which would mean getting a replacement 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd normally agree with that, but it only does it on a couple of screens, not all of them. I've seen it on the "Today" screen, and the heart if you tap into the "today" screen. Otherwise, that section of the screen is fine everywhere else - the clock, the "exercise" screen and so on. It feels/looks more like bad firmware update so it's not processing the graphic data properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bumping this up, just hoping for visibility. I may call support if I can get a chance to today. Really hope it's not defective...

Best Answer
0 Votes
That definitely looks defective and I'd imagine will only get worse. Suggest a return asap
Best Answer

I opened a case with Fitbit support. Hopefully I will hear back soon. Kind of disappointing, but failures happen... how support handles this will be good insight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Press the left single button and the top right button at the same time until it forces a hard reset. Maybe that will help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

had the same problem - just contact fitbit support and you will get a new device. there is nothing you can do against this problem. it's broken.

speaking to fitbit is no problem. took me 3 days to get my new device.

Best Answer
I'm experiencing the same issue. Have done everything other users have suggested and/or tried with no success. Bought my from a national retailer, will be taking it back.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kkadatia @muro2140 If you run into any trouble at all with the return/replacement process, be sure to let me know; I'm more than happy to help. 

Best Answer
I got mine at Best Buy tonight and have the exact same issue. No solution? Should I take it back and exchange at Best Buy?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@gator7438 wrote:
I got mine at Best Buy tonight and have the exact same issue. No solution? Should I take it back and exchange at Best Buy?

Yes. 🙋

Best Answer
0 Votes