Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refuses to sync & incorrect date and time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I've having nothing but issues with my FitBit Blaze since buying it two weeks ago. I followed the setup guide provided; charged Blaze, created a account, downloaded the Android app for my phone (Samsung Galaxy J3 running 5.1.*), turned on Bluetooth and GPS, logged into the app, went to setup a new device, pressed the left button on the blaze to make the connection and nothing, the Blaze could not connect after a hour of trying the four digit code was entered. Another two hours passed with the app just saying connecting and timing out, having to enter a new code multiable times.

By the third hour it connected and said it needed a firmware update before doing anything ... another two hours and a half hours for the firmware to be updated with the app crashing a few times.

At this point its been nearly seven and a half hours trying to get the thing to connect and to update the firmware but in the end it seemed to have finished setting up.

The first thing I noticed was the date and time was incorrect "Jan 1 12:00", A simple sync should fix that, so I swipe down on the app dashboard and get "Syncing ..." with a spinning widget. Twenty minutes later, nothing, the sync stopped so tried again with the same result, so I thought may be there is no data to be synced (e.g. no steps) so put the Blaze back into its holder and wore it few a days.

After a few days of wearing it I tried another sync, turned Bluetooth and GPS on, opened the app, swiped down to sync get the "Syncing .." and spinning widget with a small progress bar, the bar gets to about fifteenth percent and just stops, the widget continues to spin for 30 minutes and then just stops, no data is synced and the date and time does not update.

It was taken back to the store which phoned FitBit support while I was who recommended to disable automatic timezone and set it UK and re sync. attempted to sync while in the store and it would not sync. The store said they cant do anymore than that and to take it home and try, back home and still unable to sync. By this time I've spent more time trying to get this thing to work than exercise with it, ooh the irony.

The following is all the trouble shooting I've done with no success:

Within the Android app deleted the Blaze from the device list

Go into the Android Bluetooth settings and unpaired "Blaze"

Go back into the app and setup a new device

Press the left button, app finds the Blaze   

Enter the four digit code

App says "Connecting ..." for 15 minutes

App says "Setup not completed successfully"

Restart the app

Device was listed under the devices attempt to sync ...

It SYNCED could see steps from the pass few days

Date and time was still incorrect "Jan 4"

Rend many support topics here saying use the auto timezone option so changed settings and try and sync

Sync failed 

At this point I'm thinking its the Android app being crappy

Downloaded Windows 10 app from store and logged in

Placed in USB charger

Inserted USB into computer

Go to "Sync"

Spinning widget then error saying syncing with unpaired device, try repairing.

Within the Win 10 app went to devices and "Setup new device"

Device found

Enter 4 digit code

Just gets stuck saying "Finishing Up ...."

After 30 minutes close and restart app

Go to sync again

Again sync returns with the "connecting to unpaired device" error

Ok you want to play this game ...

Within the Win 10 app

Go to the devices and removed Blaze

Go to devices and click on add setup new device

Select Blaze

Device found via usb

Enter 4 digit code

App just says "Finishing up...."

Let this ran for a hour still nothing

Restart the app

Device is added and says last synced 50 minutes a go ...thanks, so 50 minutes wasted "Finishing up"

Step counter and sleep cycles seem to have updated

Date and time is still incorrect showing "Jan 5 14:00" on the Blaze

The time now is only a hour behind, we are getting somewhere 

So00oo went back into the settings and manual set the timezone and set it to +2, it was auto set to +1 London but was a hour out, daylight savings ???!!!??

Attempt to re-sync within the Windows 10 app 

Can you guess what happens next, yep

"Sync failed connecting to unpaired device"

Went through the whole thing of removing and "Finishing Up..."

Showed as synced 50 minutes ago 

No data seemed to have synced

Date and time is still incorrect

At this point my Blaze only seems to sync if you deleted it from the account and repair it BUT it fails to pair successfully does a sync then stops working

I've tried multiple phones (Moto G5 & Galaxy Ace), two Windows 10 PCs via Bluetooth and USB, and I've even tried creating a fresh account and trying to sync with that, it just doesn't want to sync normally without deleting and "repairing" each time and when it does sync the date the time is still incorrect. For a "smart watch" which cant display the correct time and date is just useless.

So what do you suggest? 

Edit: Forget to add I've also tried everything above with "Bluetooth classic" set to Off, On and Paired makes no difference.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

A warm welcome to the Community @WindyWhoo.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. Keep in mind that in order to have a successful connection between your tracker and phone, it needs to be a compatible mobile device.

Also, I recommend checking if your Blaze is paired to your account. If it isn't, you just need to do the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Once you setup your tracker, the time should be corrected.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issue and cannot get the tracker to connect now.  I'm very frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes