Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 | Blaze not synching Text Messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The only reason why I got this Slick Fit Bit was to have the ability to view my text messages while I work, as I am a hair stylist.  I recently upgraded my galaxy note to the S8 and, I am saddened that find that Fit Bit has not upgraded their software compatibility with the current technology.  If there is not a fix soon, I will have to migrate to the competition....The I Watch, the value that apple delivers for the higher cost, could be the only option.  I would love to give Fit Bit a chance however.......PLEASE Fit Bit Developers, get on this asap!!  Your loyal market demands of it.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I just upgraded from the Samsung Note 4 to the 8+ and just realized the same. Hopefully they update to include the 8's soon 

Best Answer

uou might want to add tor votes to the existing request at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Notifications-Support-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-S8/i...

Thisvis where the developers look to see what the Fitbit users would like to see.

The area we are currently in is where the Fitbit users help each other out with their hardware problems 

Best Answer

Today my fitbit started showing my text messages so not sure if everyone is all good now too. 

Best Answer

Yeah I hope so...very frustrating!!! I guess I don't understand why they weren't prepared for this when the phone came out. When the Note 4 came out, I had no issue with the Blaze. Ugh. Makes me just wanna deactivate my S8+ and go back to my Note 4 until they resolve it.

Best Answer
I don't know how....or why....but I've started receiving call and text
notifications on my Blaze. It's been about a week now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  I got my S8 a few days ago and now I do not receive notifications.  I think I have all settings correct, but no luck.  Does anyone know if there is an upgrade coming for the Blaze, and is that the issue?

Best Answer

Yes please fix this ASAP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing great! Woman Happy

As some of you mentioned, Samsung Galaxy S8 is not a compatible device yet, our team is hard working in testing the compatibility of several phones and we hope to add this one as soon as possible, your patience will be much appreciated.

In the meantime, I recommend following the instructions provided by @MarreFitbit in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app), I don't guarantee it will work 100% but you can always try these steps. Also, keep an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update.

See you around. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze now sync's all notifications, including txt, twitter, gmail, email, etc. Not sure if this is an oddity that my device is special or what. As I said before, the only thing I did after ensuring that the phone and Blaze were paired, is to shut both off and restart. It's a mystery to me

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been to long working on this. The Note 8 by Samsung hasnt been released as of today, 7/3/17. But you cant add the Galaxy S8 before the a phone that isnt even released yet. This is good. Please work harder to make the Galaxy S8 work with the fitbit for all Galaxy S8 users. It should have been on the list before a phone that isnt even released yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here i have tried everything starting to get cross now

Best Answer
0 Votes