Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Up & Starting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Complete novice here, I've been given a 'Blaze' and can't get it started. Fitbit doesn't recognise my phone (a cheap Vodaphone VF 795) so I'm using my windows 10 PC.

I have connected the Blaze to the computer for a few hours so presumably it's charged up, the screen shows the logo with "FitBit,com/setup " and I can't get it to move from there, I tried following the instructions to do a restart but nothing changed.

What should I do next ?

I am (incidentally) completely baffled as why they can't be bothered to put a 'QucikStart' guide in the box, but then I am older that most FB users (I guess!)

hope someone can help please

Thanks

RichardT7

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@RichardT7 take a look below and click on the help link, fitbit has a setup document 

What OS version does the phone use. 

Does the computer have built in bluetooth? Have you tried to sync while the Blaze is attached to a usb port on the computer? The cjarging cord may be used to set and sync the tracker.

Install the Win10 app, log into your account, then perform the add tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich_Laue

Many thanks for your quick reply, much appreciated.

The phone is run on Android 5.1 - is that the OS ?

My computer doesn't have bluetooth so I have the Blaze base unit connected via USB to the computer.

I have found further instructions on the FitBit site but at the moment am making no progress as it keeps saying that it can't update the tracker, or any part of it.

So two steps forward & then two steps back !

I will check on your link to Fitbit & see if that has any better results.

Many thanks for your advice etc,

RichardT7

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich

I've tried everything to get this thing working, any other ideas ??

I'm at my wits end with the FitBit website, it just seems to give incorrect info and/or go round in circles.

Yours pleadingly

Richard

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RichardT7 ok the phone is running Android 5, but we are not sure if it has suppoting hardware.

You mention a computer, if it is running win 10 are a Mac then the charging cable will work to sync the Blaze, otherwise we will need a Fitbit dongle. Which operating system does the computer have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich

At the moment I'm trying to get it set via the computer, which is Windows 10 OS. The Blaze has a little "dock" that connects to the computer via a USB cable.

No success so far !

Thanks

Richard

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Everyone

Thanks for your efforts.

In the end I rang Customers Services and they sent me the little wireless USB dongle and I was able to start & set-up the Blaze that way.

I wasn't able to sync the Blaze with my computer but after installing the 'App' on my phone I was able to pair/sync it with my phone.

If anyone is interested it does sync with a 2017 Samsung J3 even though it isn't listed as an 'approved' phone.

Many thanks for all your help

Richard T

Best Answer
0 Votes