Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several problems with Replacement Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Folks - what am I to do here. I got my first Charge 2 in December 2016. That lasted about 10 months or so and died. They sent me a replacement. That lasted a few more months, but it ceased counting stairs. They offered me a discount (whoopty doo) and I got a Blaze about two months ago. When it works, it's great, but it often doesn't work. I've had to troubleshoot multiple times, get on the phone with customer service, fart around... waste o' time. Troubleshooting, by the way, just means the thing doesn't work.  This morning, the heart rate function stopped working. Followed by steps per hour. Notifications weren't reliable. Then, like magic, the battery died. Full charge to redline in a matter of hours, and now it won't charge.  Emails to customer service today have gone unnoticed or unanswered. So, I guess where I am at this point is this: Hey fitbit, send me a new, fully functional, and reliable device at no charge or a refund. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @CSC1989. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear all the inconveniences you've been through with this new Blaze tracker and thanks a lot for the things you've tried so far.

I think that the main issue here is the battery on your tracker which might be affecting other functionalities of it.  For this, I can recommend putting your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the charger and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this (every one or two hours at least) so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I tried that the day it died. It doesn't hold a charge. Furthermore, the other problems began before the battery started to fail.

I'm done with troubleshooting. If these devices were designed properly, it wouldn't be required apart from occasional app updates. This is my third device in 16 months, all three of which have had functionality issues. Let's just process a refund. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @CSC1989! 🙂

This is not quite a troubleshooting process but it's more to have a register of how the battery is behaving since it's fully charged until it drains completely for our team to be able to notice this and then, proceed with the available options to get you back on track.

If you could please do that, I'd really appreciate it!

Best Answer

On the assumption that this data will help your engineers develop more reliable technology, sure, when I get home tonight I'll plug it back in.

From my perspective, however, my confidence in the products is now lost. I expect future issues to surface, and therefore am not interested in continuing with this. "Back on track" at this point means I get my money back and move on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot for the willingness to do that for me @CSC1989!

Now, about getting a refund, you can sure ask for something like that. Once I connect you with the Support Team, you can ask for this and they will be happy to help you out with it!

If you have more questions, let me know!

Best Answer

So, as requested, I put the Blaze on its charger last night and left it there overnight. Got up, put it on, went to the gym.  Hearthrate function hasn't worked all day and is now just about out of battery.  

Reading through the other discussion threads, mine is obviously not an isolated problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes