Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side button sometimes not working and connection to iPhone app fail often

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My two problems lately are that the iPhone app can't find my Blaze randomly and will lose connection to my Blaze AND that the side button stops returning the Blaze to the previous screens. I solve both problems the same way: a hard reset of the Blaze by holding down all three buttons. This always solves both problem. I'm having to do this 4 or 5 times a day, though. I'm thinking that there is a problem with the software on the watch. Is there a way to reinstall the watch's software? (Am I using the wrong term? Is this called firmware?)

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

A warm welcome to the Community @Todd_S, thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself.

If your Blaze button is not working, you may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

Now about the syncing, please take a look at the Having trouble syncing? post and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you, Alejandra, for your response and your welcome.

I haven't experienced the button issue in a day or two, so maybe there was something causing the button to malfunction that is now cleared.

I read through the sync forum, and I seem to be set up correctly. Restarting Bluetooth on my phone doesn't fix the situation. The only thing that seems to work is rebooting the Blaze and that always works. I  recently have tried to add notifications to Blaze. That's about when I started to experience issues. So I canceled all notifications except phone and text because those have always worked. I use Runtastic and MyFitnessPal. I didn't see any issues with those apps involving my issue, though I also started using those apps around the same time that I had trouble. A third thing that I tried to do around that time  is get notifications from a Google calendar. That, also, didn't seem to work right so I canceled that. 

Not sure what more to do.

Do you have any suggestions beyond what the post that you sent me to said?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Todd_S, I am glad to hear that your Blaze button is now working. About the syncing, have you checked if your Fitbit app is updated? If you haven't, take a look at the How do I update the Fitbit app for iOS? post, where our friend @MarreFitbit is providing instructions on how to do this.

Keep me posted. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer