Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep, Heart Rate, Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have multiple problems with monitoring sleep.  One morning it said I slept from 10:07 to 7:30.  I actually went to bed at 12:30 and woke at 8:00.  The next morning it said I slept 1.7 hours when I slept for almost 8.

My touch screen is not very sensitive.  I sometimes have to tap it 4 to 8 times to get it to respond.

My first exercise routine started very encouragingly when the Fitbit recognized I was exercising.  Unfortunately, it registered my heart rate as getting up to 169 bpm.  My chest band, which I have great confidence in, registered 140 as the Fitbit was saying 169.

I am thinking I should return this while I have the opportunity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Tom7170. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Fitbit Blaze not working as accurately as it should 😕

When it comes to the Sleep feature, that's very strange... Sleep Autodetection works based on your movement, so if you're in bed and you're sleeping  but you're moving your hands a lot, this could be interpreted by the tracker as if you're not really sleeping. On the other hand, if you're already awake but you're in bed and laying there still, not moving your arm could be interpreted as you being still asleep. You can increase the sensitivity of your tracker by going to your app, tap on the Account icon at the top right corner of the screen. Then scroll down to Advanced Settings. Once there, look for Sleep Sensitivity and if it's set to normal, change it to Sensitive and make sure to sync your tracker. Try it out the following nights and see how it goes.

Now, for the touch screen not being very sensitive... The only thing I can think that could help with this would be to restart your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. See if that makes any difference.

Finally, for the heart rate not being tracked accurately, I'd hope the restart you already did could help with that. Try it out and see how it goes.

Let me know if  there's something else you might need help with!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I rebooted.  That seems to help the screen sensitivity.

As to changing the sleep sensitivity, I do not see the option you describe under Advanced Settings.  It did seem to work last night though.  I don't think I move much when I sleep so that does not explain why one night it registered me as sleeping only an hour and a half.  As to when it registered me as having slept from 10 to 7:30, I was playing poker and then driving home between 10 and 12:30.  There was no way for me to keep my arms still enough for the monitor to think I was asleep. 

I will see how the heart monitor does next time I exercise.

I will give the device another week to see how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Tom7170!

I'm glad to hear that the reboot helped and now your display seems to be more sensitive!

About the sleep tracking, it's also good to hear that it seems it worked fine last night. Keep an eye on it and let me know how it goes for the coming nights.

Anything else, I'm here to help! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer