Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Tracker Seems Wildly Inaccurate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
The first couple nights I slept with the Blaze, it seemed fairly accurate, except I had specifically remembered waking up around 3am and not being able to fall back asleep for about 30 minutes. This period of being awake showed up on my results as only 3 minutes. So, I went on my desktop and found a Sensitivity Setting for the sleep tracking feature and turned it to the most sensitive setting. Now, the last two nights, it says I've only been asleep for about 4 of the 8 hours I've been in bed. I suppose this is possible, but highly unlikely for multiple nights in a row. Anybody else experiencing these issues? Wondering if this is just the best it gets with devices like this (maybe my expectations are too high)?
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

@FatMatI would be contacting Support through this link because my sleep setting is normal, my Blaze is nearly 12 months old, and it tracks all of my movements and sleep. I wear it 24/7 and no issues..

If you were to create a Custom Activity and log it for your sleep period it should show your HR if you have that set to auto and see if it is active... If you do this you will need to know the calories

sleep hours.jpgsleep hr 77.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep tracker is garbage.  It says I slept less than 2 hours last night, if this was true I would have murdered people today. I have ZERO troubleshooting ability with anything technical.... 

Best Answer

My fitbit 2 is pretty inaccurate for the sleep thing

Best Answer

I have been having sooo much trouble with the sleep tracking.  At least 2-3 times a week it goes back to the bars.  Doesn't show my sleeping more than 1-2 hours and I know that is wrong.  This morning I went to update the wake up time and it went from the line chart back to bars.  This is unbelievable.  Fitbit needs to fix this or get out of the business of sleep tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your not wearing the tracker to tight? 

In general sleep tracking works very well for people and several have compared their Fitbit charts with a professional sleep study. 

What should I know about sleep stages?
Learn about the sleep stages you cycle through at night.
How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
Get answers to common questions about sleep tracking.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No,

I’m not wearing it too tight. I have it in the same hole everyday, only taking it off when in shower or charging it. This happens a few times a week. Actually today was the first time it changed from lines to bars when i tried to correct the time. There seems to be many problems with my fitbit blaze and fitbit.com. The site continually signs me out. Yes, I click on the keep me signed in box.
I may have to look somewhere else for a different tracker.

kathryn
Best Answer
0 Votes

Speculative information

Best Answer

I don't trust the sleep stage report.

In fact l only bought this because it was the cheapest heart rate monitor l could find.

Hope that's accurate at least.

Best Answer
0 Votes