Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep inconsistant

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I hope someone can help. My sleep is tracked correctly when I look at the weekly screen but off random amounts when I look at the dashboard. My goal is set at 8 hours. I'm in central time zone. I've restarted fitbit and phone several times. What next?Screenshot_20170613-235548.png

Screenshot_20170613-235536.png

Screenshot_20170613-235527.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Good morning. Thank you for your help.last night when I synced my fitbit the dashboard finally didn't show the excessive wrong sleep amount...usually 6 to 8 hours more than I actually slept. It was however smaller than what was on the sleep screen. Today's dashboard wasn't excessive either, just under what was on the sleep screen. I've included pictures. I replaced my devise per your previous instructions. It took 2 days for the changes to take effect. Thank you!

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @MsMatha! Great to have you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'd just like to be clear on what the problem is here... I understand that you have your sleep goal set to 8 hours and according to your logs, you've been sleeping less than 8 hours some days but still, it shows that you reached your goal for most of those days when you didn't reach the 8 hours, is that correct?

If so, that's very strange... I can recommend probably setting up your tracker as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

After this, check your sleep goal to make sure it's set to 8 hours as you want it and keep an eye on it for the next nights and see how it goes. Please, let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
Thank you for your solution, but sadly it didn't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @MsMatha. Thanks for getting back!

As I said in my previous post, I'd just like to be clear on what the problem is here... I understand that you have your sleep goal set to 8 hours and according to your logs, you've been sleeping less than 8 hours some days but still, it shows that you reached your goal for most of those days when you didn't reach the 8 hours, is that correct?

Best Answer
Good morning. Thank you for your help.last night when I synced my fitbit the dashboard finally didn't show the excessive wrong sleep amount...usually 6 to 8 hours more than I actually slept. It was however smaller than what was on the sleep screen. Today's dashboard wasn't excessive either, just under what was on the sleep screen. I've included pictures. I replaced my devise per your previous instructions. It took 2 days for the changes to take effect. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happily everything is working! It just took several days for the dashboard time to match the weekly sleep time. The last two days have been correct! Thank you for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I'm super happy to hear that it helped and that you're now back on track @MsMatha! 😄

If you ever need help with this or any other thing, let me know and I'll be happy to help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

Best Answer