Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages for Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Blaze and the help section states it should show me my sleep stages, for example, light sleep, deep sleep, and REM.  My app and dashboard are not showing me this information.  It is only showing me time asleep, time restless, and time awake.  Where do I go to see my sleep stages?  I have had my Blaze for a year now and it has never shown my sleep stages.

Thank you.

Best Answer
268 REPLIES 268

@Henronicus I've moved your post to the main thread on sleep, please see https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Sleep-stages/m-p/1883662/highlight/true#M50502

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Henronicus according to the release notes for 8.401.3 sleep changes is still "coming soon". See:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1372/

Best Answer

It looks like the mistake that was made was announcing this under the "new features with this release" on the release notes. This shouldn't have been announced under the patch or update notes until it was actually released. Several people were under the assumption that it was a newly activated feature and not something to look forward to in the future.

Hopefully future release notes will be more accurate in their presentation to avoid confusion in the future. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My app said the feature is there when I opened it and I found the graph but everything says "no stages" is this because my blaze hasn't been updated yet?

Best Answer

The release notes say (Coming Soon)...so if you don't see it within your app yet, then it hasn't been released for you.  Not sure what else you want the release notes to say.  

If FitBit didn't say anything and all of a sudden you saw a new sleep graph, people would be complaining that there was a change without notice.  

Seems better for FitBit to at least say that the next firmware update contains the pieces necessary for the new feature.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AllieKoch wrote:

My app said the feature is there when I opened it and I found the graph but everything says "no stages" is this because my blaze hasn't been updated yet?

Same here. I'm wondering if this new feature goes back into past sleep data and calculate stages. 

Either way, so happy they've added this. I've missed it since I left Jawbone and went to Fitbit. 

Best Answer

If it is released in the next firmware update then that update will have its own set of release notes would it not?

Best Answer

Hi, I have a Blaze and when I woke up his morning it had sleep stages and sleep insights.  Screenshot (1).png

Best Answer

Please refer to last post.  This is from my Fitbit app and my Blaze has the latest firmware 17.8.401.3  not sure if it is rolling out gradually or not.

Capture.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning when i opened the app, i got 3 screens to swipe through that advised that this feature is now live.

However when i actually got into the details the sleep details were still exactly the same and no sign of the stages

Best Answer

This feature has now appeared in the Android app for my Charge 2, but appears to have broken the Sleep section in the dashboard display.

The dashboard is showing "No sleep logged", however, entering the Sleep area shows the various sleep stages.

Best Answer

Thanks so much for clarifying. I'm so excited for the upgrade. I just have one question. I have a Charge 2, and have always had the normal sleep stages, but randomly one night I was blessed with the light/R.E.M./deep stages. How is this possible for just one night if it hasn't updated? Was that a teaser, because it worked! 😂😂

The new sleep stages is an amazing feature and I fell in love with it, and then, poof, it was gone again. 😂

Thanks again for your explanations.

***Update*** Since this post, touch wood, I have had the updated sleep stages. I didn't need to do an app update, it was automatic. Hang tight those of you who, like me,  were busting for the more detailed sleep stages. 🤗

Best Answer

I had exactly he same thing happen. Yesterday morning, I woke up to a delightful breakdown of REM and non-R.E.M. sleep. This morning, anxiously looking forward comparing two days' worth of data, I found that I was back to the baseline asleep/awake/restless. So disappointing! I looked in the app for a button to enable sleep stages, but have found nothing. 

Best Answer

It sucks! I don't want it!!! I want it changed back! Fit bit you suck now! Change it back **ahem** it!!!

Best Answer

I got Fitbit charge 2 and still can't see sleep stages. I am sure it's updated the software now...I see in the graph as "No Stages". Does it have something to with sleep logs?

Best Answer

@itch2623 wrote:

I have a Charge 2 and on the app I use to be able to expand todays sleep record and from there I could hover over the restless and awake areas and it would show me the time it happened but now it doesn't ... any ideas how I can see the times now?

I have a Blaze and experiencing the same thing.

Best Answer

It still shows it on mine. I hate the R.E.M. Update I want it changed back! They need to make a toggle to shut it off now. This is rediculous!

Best Answer

They have a lot of connection issues w the app. Just keep syncing it may be the device or update hasn't finished. Either way the sleep update is 💩 

Best Answer
0 Votes

See I don't find it delightful at all. I don't want it. I want it off! It's not even close to right! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband and I both have the HR 2 and have installed the recent update. He is getting the new feature of more detailed sleep info, but I am not. What gives?

Best Answer