Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages not shown anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I bought a Fitbit Blaze 6 days ago, everything works fine but i realized that since 2 days ago I can't see the sleep stages, REM, light sleep, etc.

I've checked everything, battery level before sleep (95%), phone next to me, same config that when I had sleep stages, etc. But can't find the stages only restless or awake.

Could you help me to fix this? I've read every single thread with the same topic, but I have no idea how to fix it...

Thank you

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hello @Txikitingwas your sleep at least 3 hours, and is their a heart rate recorded for the whole sleep period? These are tye prerequisites of the sleep stages. See the FAQ in the help guides link for help may be found below.

Best Answer

That's happened to me multiple times, and I would sleep for 8-9 hours, and I've also taken a 2 hour nap before that showed sleep stages, so the "you need at least 3 hours" thing makes no sense. I just waited and after 2 days it went back to tracking stages. It seems to just do it whenever it feels like it. 

Best Answer
Well, I already checked that, I sleep over 7h, beat rate from 55 to 67,
batteries ok, mobile battery ok, I'be checked out the faqs and manuals, but
nothing...

I will return the device because I bougth it specially for this opcion.

Sorry 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue.  After a few tries and them not working. Restart, changed sleep sensitive settings, I changed my wrist to my non-dominant hand on the phone app and it started working And kept my watch in the wrist I always have it on.  Give that a try

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Txikiting@Mali101 it's great to see you around, @Butterflywings and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

If you are having inconveniences with the sleep stages feature, as recommended restart your trackers. Also, take a look at this post, where our friend @FerdinandFitbit is providing more detailed information about how this feature works.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, your so right!  One day I have my sleep stages, for weeks in fact, now last couple days NO sleep stages!  Very odd and it is a fitbit web builders problem not ours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you here @jknight. Could you please tell me if you are receiving any type of message on your sleep information? In the meantime, keep in mind that you can always manually log your sleep by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. Tap the "+" icon
  2. Tap Log Sleep
  3. Enter your information
  4. Tap Save
  5. Sync

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see, it's random, sometimes the report has stages and others just
restless, etc.

Looks like it's a web issue, I thought that every new deployment passed all QA
standards and tests, this is a huge PBI affecting the whole sleep tool...
not acceptable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That won't help to get the sleep stage information.  It showed the stages yesterday.  I haven't synced the fitbit yet today, so will see.  But that it is there one time and not the next is interesting and not a fit bit device issue, it is the web site issue.

Best Answer

yep shows just fine to day, like Txikiting, it is the web sites problem.  I realize this is a new thing for you folks and your IT's are just working bugs out.  So hope it gets more reliable as time goes.

Best Answer

Hi!

Thanks @Mali101, I'm gonna reply as a last time to this thread for this
reason:

The Sleep Stages "tool", anyway if it's web tool back end or the web front
end, it is not working due to the fact that sometimes it shows you the
sleep stages and sometimes not, either way is useless at the point that you
can't have valuable/reliable records to build your own sleep tracking
report (which is imporant to me for personal reasons) because, simply,
sometimes you have them and sometimes not, that's impossible to work out.

Said that, I'd like to ask you (Fitbit Team) to start facing the truth,
saying that this functionality is not reliable because it's necessary to
fix those "bugs" which make unworkable the Sleep reports. Therefore, when a
user (like me), asking the same questions, you will have to explain, first of
all, this issue and that there is no solution so far, after that you can say that you are working on it, or whatever you consider, but explain the truth, this will avoid the user looking and looking across
forums, doing everything to his devices because from your explanations it's
because of the devices when it's just the app (web or not).

I hope you find a solution for the future @AlejandraFitbit.

Thanks for your help, although it's not fixed and there is no solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what Fitbit have done in the last update but Mines also stopped recording sleep unless I turn heart from auto to on, 

the problem with this is that it eats the battery,

to be honest it's getting to the stage where it's going to be thrown in the bin and replaced with a different brand 

Best Answer
Very well put and to the point…it is the web/program techs that need to do their work. We just keep hearing that it is us when it isn’t.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

I so agree and may be checking out other brands VERY soon.

Best Answer

With the exeption of ios, the app now gives 5ye reason for no sleep stages.

For me i have 2 nights without sleep stages, one night i slept for 2.5 hours. The other i could clearly see a problem with the heart rate recording.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I repeat again, I followed every single process, procedure, piece of advice, configuration suggestions, switching the device between my wrists, etc, nothing, one night I have sleep stages and others simply I don't have them.

The device is working fine, it's just the web tool (front end or back end).

Anyway, I don't have the device anymore, can't use a device which I can't trust.

Best Answer
0 Votes