Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages on Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a Charge 2 for a couple of weeks and now have the Blaze for 3 days.  I have never had sleep stages even though I have done all the necessary requirements.  Is any one still having this problem and have an answer??

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Thank you! I have done all those things. If I try to ware the tracker 2-3 fingers high it has a tendency to slide down and become loose so it fits best at 1 finger above the wrist bone and records all night according to stats. I have talked to CS and the had me restart tracker. If this doesn't work I will follow your suggestion to set it up new!
Thanks,
Steve Kilpatrick
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusted in thee" Isaiah 26:3
Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @sckilpatrick. Great to see you in the Community  Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems getting your Blaze to record SleepStages for you.

I see you mentioned you've done all the necessary requirements but just to be sure, I'd like to point them out to make sure we're not missing anything.

There scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern instead of sleep stages are:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your tracker’s battery is critically low.

If you're making sure you're taking all those into consideration, you can also try to set up your tracker as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem and you can try it out for the following nights and see how it goes.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I have done all those things. If I try to ware the tracker 2-3 fingers high it has a tendency to slide down and become loose so it fits best at 1 finger above the wrist bone and records all night according to stats. I have talked to CS and the had me restart tracker. If this doesn't work I will follow your suggestion to set it up new!
Thanks,
Steve Kilpatrick
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusted in thee" Isaiah 26:3
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @sckilpatrick! 🙂

That sounds great! Try out the restart, see how it goes and then try the setup if that doesn't work and let me know what happens!

Have an awesome Monday! 😄

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your HR monitor set to Auto?  If yes try restarting and change the setting to ON, either on the watch or your fitbit app and then sync.  Also check your bluetooth to make sure the blaze is connected.   I have noticed it was not connected on mine at some point and it helped the issue.  

While keeping the HR set to ON all the time it might cause the battery to drain a lot faster then normal. 

I now have sleep stages for the past week. 

Best Answer
Thanks, will do! I'll try one change at a time and sleep on it to see which one actually helps!
Thanks
Steve Kilpatrick
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all suggestions: restarting my Blaze, setting sync from auto to on, re-pairing my Blaze. I do all the necessary things; sleep for 6-7 hours, my Blaze is fully charged; the fitbit is snug on my wrist about 1 finger above the wrist bone and there is no break in the recording of the heart rate during the night but still no sleep stages!!! Any further suggestions?
Thanks,
Steve
Best Answer
0 Votes

You may just need to give it a week to or two to build data set points on your patterns. Its getting to know you. Give your Fit bit a little more time before giving up on it. 

If it still doesn't work, you may have gotten a lemon.

Best Answer
0 Votes