Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartphone Connectivity, or lack thereof

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife wants to upgrade from her old Flex (we have been gluing it back together every few months for the past year). She is thinking about the Surge but she does not have a smartphone, she does however use my old iPhone as an iPod around the house, currently syncing her flex with it. Her concerns is how much functionality of the Blaze would be missed by not being connected constantly with a data enabled smartphone. I understand that notifications (calls, texts, calendar, gps etc...) would not function, nor would they be missed, but would the rest of the functionality work as a standalone device, to be synced when she returns home?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@bbarrera hit the nail on the head here!

@RoundeyeSamurai Just about every feature will work nicely without a mobile device to use as a point of reference, with the exception of music control, call/text/calendar notifications, and connected GPS. You'll still be able to track all of your daily statistics (time, clock faces, alarms, steps, distance, calories, floors, etc.), and once your wife gets back home to sync, all of her information will still be there.

Hope this helps!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6
Yes, without a smartphone the Blaze will be a really nice Flex with color display and replaceable bands. In addition it is slightly smaller than Surge, most likely a better fit but still rather large if she has small wrists.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@bbarrera hit the nail on the head here!

@RoundeyeSamurai Just about every feature will work nicely without a mobile device to use as a point of reference, with the exception of music control, call/text/calendar notifications, and connected GPS. You'll still be able to track all of your daily statistics (time, clock faces, alarms, steps, distance, calories, floors, etc.), and once your wife gets back home to sync, all of her information will still be there.

Hope this helps!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

Best Answer

Thanks. That is what I needed to know! Much appreciated!!!Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Glad we could help! @RoundeyeSamurai

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, so just to clarify, is a smartphone necessary at all or is it okay to just use Blaze and occassionally sync it to PC?  I am not smartphone  user but just received a Blaze for a gift. Wanting to track activity and steps and perhaps set up reminders for pills. Thanks for any advice! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GaryCGood, please see @EmersonFitbit's post above, the aproved solution, he really did cover your question.

Best Answer
0 Votes