Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Information about installing Firmware version 17.8.401.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I receive notification of the new firmware update for the Blaze yesterday, March 25th.  I had 3 failed attempts at installing version 17.8.401.3 but on the next try it worked but it took 85 minutes to install not the 10 minutes that it said it would take.  I believe all this was due to overload of the Fitbit servers with all the people trying to update.  My suggestion is to download late at night when maybe the servers are not so busy.  My second issue was concerning Fitstar and Relax.  I synced three times as directed in the release notes but Fitstar and Relax just said to sync my Blaze again.  I continued to sync a total of 6 times and finally on the 6th time the Fitstar began to work but not Relax.  On the 7th sync the Relax started to work.  So if you have problems with Fitstar or Relax continue to sync until the problem is resolved.  Although it took some time to finally get everything to work it was well worth the effort.  

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi there @Visualtps. Great to see you around and thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us!

I'm pretty sure that many users will find the information you've shared very helpful!

See you around! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Waiting for this firmware too. It seems will solve the Huawei mobile phones issues. Hope so! 🙂

Thanks for sharing the info! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't wait to receive the update. I keep syncing to see if he update is available yet. Been waiting since January for this update when it was announced at CES. Hopefully I will receive it soon!!

Best Answer

Hi, 

Finally, I figured out to install this latest firmware on my Blaze this morning. Since from my Huawei P8lite was impossible to do ( several tries, many fails messages), I did the update through my Win10 laptop apps. But, now, after couple of hours of playing with it, this update is a big disappointment for me: the sync is not working properly with the time, also the heart rate is not sync with the apps. They said they fixed some  issues with connected GPS and notifications on Huawei mobile devices. I didn't see any improvements with this update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @Mmr777 @jonathonroberts! Grea to see you in the Forums! 🙂

@Mmr777, just to see if this helps, you could try restarting your tracker. For this, You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. Let me know if this makes any improvement.

@jonathonroberts, hope you were able to update your tracker! Let us know what you think of it!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Thank you. Now it seems to work. It is sync with apps, but I still have some compatibility issues with my Huawei P8 lite: calls, sms, e-mails notifications and gps connection. Maybe you will solve this with the next update. The new relax feature is awesome. Happy running! ☺

Best Answer

@Mmr777 have you restarted the Blaze yet, maybe even shut it down?. 

Make sure that the app is up to date, then restart the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can confirm that the update takes way longer than 10 minutes.  The progress bar on both the app (Android /S7) and the device (Blaze) is very slow and the device looks for all the world like it has hung. The Fitbit dev team need look closely  at this installer/update mechanism as it is poorly executed. It isn't good enough for a notification to state that an "update is in progress" and subsequent progress bar  do nothing for very little or up to 30 minutes. Users will perceive the process  has hung and start to fiddle with the device - which is extremely undesirable.

I also found I needed to restart  the device and the phone and re-synch 2,3 maybe 4 times before  full updated functionality ( including functionality of the synch progress bar  in the app ) was restored.

All in all a process that seems much more complicate than it needed to be,

On the [positive side the update is fantastic. Everything works as expected. Notifications ( including instant notification of incoming calls, Music control and all the new functionality. Well done. I look forward to the new clock faces.

Best Answer

where do i sign up to get the update update for my blaze ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by. @SunsetRunner and @Mmr777 I am glad to hear that you were able to update your Blaze and that all the features are working properly, thanks for feedback too. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it. 

@OCindy Welcome to the Community, I would like to know if you get your Blaze updated? If you still with the Blaze old version, you can update it by following the instructions provided by @MarreFitbit in the How do I update the Fitbit app for iOS? post.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The firmware updates have never taken just 10 minutes.  It has always taken what feels like over an hour.  I have done firmware updates at home and at work with decent wifi and it just takes time.  They should just be honest with how long it is going to take. Maybe suggest to users to run the update at bedtime.

Best Answer

Im not sure what device your doing the upgrade through @DustinS. If android try both wifi as nd cellular. 

Typically i find upd as ted take less than 10, thd last Chart ed 2 updaye was less tyan 4 minutes,, but i only use cellular. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am updating the Fitbit Charge HR 2. I am not using cellular. I am using
Wifi. Received another firmware update yesterday. Took over an hour.

Dustin
Best Answer
0 Votes