Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count while driving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my blaze for a couple of weeks and thought I was doing really well, that was until today when I noticed the step count was increasing as I was driving. Now I have read about several "fixes" for this but as an hgv driver working in a yard having to keep adjusting things on the dashboard is not really an option it also appears that the stair count is goosed too along with the active minutes. Unfortunately where I purchased my blaze from does not offer a return facility so I now have an expensive unfit for purpose desk ornament. Hopefully the wise and wonderful here can assist with this dilemma 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Xannusk! Thanks stopping by the community! The problem that you are experiencing is very common among everyone who wears a pedometer, from Fitbit to an Apple Watch! The Blaze counts a step based on movement. If that movement is replicated by a bump or something else with similar step like movement, it will count as a step. When I took a trip to Colombia, South America, their roads were so bad in some places that I got thousands of steps that I really didn’t take. A way that you out can combat this is by manually turning you Blaze off when driving. To do so, go to your settings on your Blaze and scroll all the way to the bottom and press power off!

Michael Groff | CO, USA
Fitness isn’t being better than someone else, it’s being better than you used to be!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I work in a transport yard as a vehicle shunter Turning my Fitbit on and off approximately 30 times a day isn't really a good idea. Thank you for responding though I appreciate that 

Best Answer
0 Votes