Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I turned my watch on this morning and I already had 10000 steps and 9 floors and 3 miles ! I have reset it a few times 

Removed the device and added again but nothing seems to be changing it's the same stats as yesterday just moved over to today . No matter how many times I sync it nothing changes

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

My blaze did that same thing!!! Please let me know if you figure it out! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Kirstie3211 and @Sglenn84, for some reason your Blaze did not receive the signal to reset at midnight last night and therefore your stats were all carried over to the new day.

The most usual reason for this happening is if you travel and change timezones, or if your Fitbit was updating at the moment of midnight.

Although your Blaze should update as normal even when turned off at midnight, when there are unexplained reports of this (i.e. not travelling over timezones and not updating), I have noticed that people report that their Blaze had been turned OFF at midnight.  I wonder if this was the case with yours?  As I said, it SHOULD work even when off, and definitely USUALLY does, but I have seen reports of very occasional incidents of this.

Unfortunately, once this happens there is no way to reset your steps. However, you should give your Blaze a restart and everything should be back to normal at modnight tonight.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it was turned off at 12.. so I will just go with it today and if it's
still not working tomorrow, what would be the next step? Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Sglenn84, I suspected it was turned off.  It should reset as normal even if it is off, and usually does, but very occasionally it goes wrong.  In all the cases I have read of this the Blaze was always turned off.

Don't worry, just give it a restart and it really should be just fine tomorrow. However, your incorrect data for today won't change; as I said there is no fix for that.  

If you have any firther problems you can always post again in the Community or get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com.  Although they cannot get rid of your extra steps for today, they can remove any badges you might have been awarded because of it, if that is important to you.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes