Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly Body Fat Percentage?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a Charge HR, loved it, then beat it up until it broke. 

So I got a Blaze. Aside from a minor issue in the beginning and a general dislike of watch face options (can we get the one with the blue and purple to show the days steps, please? Or just let us customize them...), also love it.

But, out of nowhere, I logged my weight and (without knowing so) apparenly my body fat percentage.

I didn't intend to- is this a feature exculsive to Blaze (and Aria, obvs.)? Was it a mistake? Or is it something new that Fitbit is starting across the board and it just *happened* to coincide with my recent purchase? Is there any science behind the logged amount or is it just a general guess based on my BMI (which would mean it's likely incorrect because I have a very muscular build...)?

I can't find anything about it, except in Aria posts, and I don't feel that those have any relevance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @mepratschler

The Blaze or any of the other trackers can't log body fat / weight.

When entering weight manually, body fat can also be filled in seperately by ourself since Fitbit can't know what the current body fat % is.. mysterious it filled in on it's own..

Regarding suggestions..

Feel free to add your suggestions to the 'Feature Requests' Sub Forum, where users can vote, add comments,.. if there's a certain interest then there's a chance the developers pick it up and it'll be developed.

Important to prevent duplicates Search if the idea already has been suggested and add your vote / comment! Smiley Wink

Feature Suggestions

URL: Click / Tap to open the Feature Requests Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am curious about this as well.  I bought my FitBit Blaze on April 14 and set up my account.  When I entered my wight and height a BMI was automatically shown.  I was surprised since I didn't add this information myself.

Best Answer
0 Votes
BMI is calculated by using weight and height- it's a way of judging if you
are a healthy weight for your height. So it makes sense if it was
automatically calculated.
Best Answer
Bmi is automatically.. it doesn't need to be entered manually.

Though it's possible to have a higher bmi when being lean.. and bmi can say being overweight.. more important is being at a healthy weight / body fat range even if bmi is higher.. but looking awesome.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's automatic when you add your weight and height.

Best Answer
0 Votes