Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature symbol on display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

Fit blaze screen not responding. Only screen that comes up is the following. Looks like a themoustat in a triangle, orange in colour. . 

Thanks

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Hello Fitbit Friends. Good news for me. I sent Fitbit Support my proof of purchase and they responded with 2 options for me to choose between.

1. A like for like replacement of the pebble (just the electronic piece)

2. 50% off voucher for a new device. I went for option 1 and my replacement pebble is on the way. Thanks Fitbit support and thanks @AlejandraFitbit for your help. Good outcome.

Best Answer

Great for you🙂

Best Answer

@Unknown_143, have you checked that the correct email address is updated in your Fitbit profile? Maybe that's why you're not getting any emails.

Best Answer

Well I don’t know how this works but here in my Fitbit Account in the mail symbol but still there’s nothing, i even checked it. But still no emails.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem the temp symbol comes up when charging and unit won’t charge so can’t use it. Tried rebooting numerous times

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, thanks for your participation in the Community, I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this.

@Dudley4166, upon checking with our support team I was told that you have already created a case with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

@Boo88I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

@Stephen999, I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a replacement tracker. At the moment of having it, you just need to follow the instructions provide in the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device? to set it up.

@Unknown_143, if the email you have to interact in the Community isn't the one you used to paired your Blaze, I recommend contacting our support team directly using the email address that is setup with your Blaze.

@bobbywhite1958, I am sorry to hear that you are not interested in using the discount that our team offered you. If in the future there is something we can help you with, do not hesitate to let us know.

See you around. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

They offered a 25% off a new one. Why would I do that if the same thing will happen again. Why not try to actually fix the problem and not just offer the discount? People can't afford to pay this much every year. 

Best Answer

Sounds like Fitbit knows it has an issue it does not want to fix. Maybe if they get sued they will figure it out instead of offering a discount. 15 months for a $200 watch does not cut it.

Best Answer
Sounds about right. 
Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Hi there @Dudley4166, thanks for getting back!

I'm very sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with the offer that our Support team gave you. Unfortunately, other than that, there's not much else that can be done if you're out of warranty 😕 If you'd like to take advantage of the discount, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
As per my previous email, I stated it wasn’t exposed to any temperature extremes because the only time I take it off my wrist is when I take a shower. If it were exposed to extreme temperatures, I’d be dead as well.

I’ve already tried to reset it and it doesn’t do anything. And it can’t be shutdown from this state because the screen only constantly displays the same temperature symbol. I contacted support because that apparently is the only solution proposed on the forum, as it seems that this is a common problem. I want to know where I can get this fixed. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They don't want to fix it they want you to buy a new watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dudley4166, my advice is to ask support nicely for a new pebble

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i am having the same issue of the temperature symbol i have tried the reset option but still no joy.  This has happened a few times now within the last few months, even though our temperature in Sydney australia has not changed dramatically.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze has the orange temperature symbol. It's had it for a week. I tried the reset mentioned above to no avail.

I have enjoyed using the Blaze, I am curious as to why, after a record setting day (over 26,000 steps) the thing died

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, everybody!

I had the same problem, this summer my Fitbit Blaze showed bluish triangle thermostat ikon like it's freezing cold during very hot weather.

I have Blaze more than three years now and during this time I run into many problems with this watch (short battery life, crack in housing, heart rate senzor etc.). Usuly it takes very little to make a repair. 

I purchased it second hand without warranty so I didn't have any problem trying to repair on my own. If your watch is still under warranty do on your own risk.

You will need a special screwdriver. I opened back of my watch, aiming to disconnect battery for a short period of time but as it turned out that wasn't even necessary. I only disconnected heart rate sensor and watch started to work again. I carefully connect heart rate sensor back and close the housing. 5 min work.

Best Answer

ZokyS,

My fitbit Blaze got locked on the screen with the temp display. It wouldn't reset. On a whim, I put it in the freezer overnight. The temperature display then turned from orange to blue with a bit of ice on the thermometer. Comical, but no solution. As it warmed up, the orange triangle reappeared.

Anyway, after a couple of weeks of this, I ordered the very small tools you need to take the Fitbit Blaze apart. I think it's a #3 Torx and a #000 Philips. My goal was to take it apart and disconnect the battery for a few minutes. I did that, and then reassembled. BEFORE I connected the back, I tested it and the display worked fine. It DID have the date and time from several weeks back when the problem appeared. (Unfortunately, I do NOT know if this would've happened before I desoldered/resoldered a battery lead. I wanted to force a hard reset and didn't think to test it along the way.  You say it would, so that could make this "salvage operation" even easier.) Once I put the flex cable back on for the watch, however, the triangle reappeared. Bummer! But this did indicate the problem is most likely with the heartrate monitor module on the back. By the way, getting this flex cable back on was, in my opinion, the trickiest part. It's best if you have one part of the watch secured and then use your two hands to locate and insert the cable while holding the other part of the fitbit. Gently using tweezers or a small tool to help seat the cable helps. Took me 20 minutes to figure this out the first time. After that, it was about a 15 second job to get the cable connected.

I disconnected the back flex cable again and the display worked. This time, to make sure the Fitbit was in fact functional, I went through and did a sync, sent an alarm, did a timer...all worked. I connected the back flex cable and the triangle reappeared. I disconnected the flex cable once again and verified the Blaze was functional, then went to the settings page. I shut off the heartrate monitor.  I then connected the back flex cable and the display still worked. Feeling emboldened, I navigated back to the settings page and enabled the heartrate monitor. The green lights started flashing!!! Everything else appeared to be working. I put the Blaze back together and it's been working FINE for the past 4 days.

DISCLAIMER: Unless you have experience working with VERY DELICATE electronics or instruments, you could easily damage your fitbit. Of course, at this stage, it's dead anyway, so what do you have to lose?

You might find this link helpful too, with some pretty good pics of the Fitbit: https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Fitbit_Blaze

This problem is due to a major design flaw in the fitbit. That being, there is NO WAY to do a hard reset on the watch. They should've included a micro-switch on the back which will temporarily disconnect power to force a hard reset. ALL computer devices should have a method to force a hard reset. Pressing switches in combination is NOT a hard reset, it is a software reset. That will only work if the processor is running. With this failure, the processor is no longer functioning, so their soft-reset process of pressing buttons does not work.

Also, Fitbit COULD have created a workaround for this for the units which failed before and after the warranty expired, but in my opinion, they just want to sell more watches. Can't blame them, but this is NOT the way to build customer loyalty.  I will say that IF I was not able to bring my Blaze back to life, I would NOT be buying any more Fitbit products.

Good Luck,

~Rick

Best Answer

Thanks so much for this walkthrough @RickJay. I was going back and forth with support trying to get a 60% discount to buy a new Ionic when all I wanted was my Blaze to start working again. Followed your instructions: Took it apart, disconnected the HR monitor, reset the thing, turned HR off in settings, plugged the HR monitor back in and turned the HR monitor back on and voila! Got my watch back.

Really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Patrick

Best Answer

pcreery,

Glad to hear it!!! You're welcome.

I believe this problem is solvable for the majority of cases if you're willing to take a chance. For the most part, you have nothing to lose by trying, except perhaps the cost of the tools, if you need to buy them, so it's really not much of a chance that you're taking.

I'm glad I was able to help.

~Rick

Best Answer

Thank you so much, I was able to get my Fitbit working again. Be careful with the ribbon. I guess it's not looked up right

Best Answer