Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Notifications not 100% working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have decided to add myself to the mix of the ever growing ISSUES about text notifications not working on Fitbit Blaze

Firstly, here some background information:

- Notifications for calls, other apps like Calendar, Messenger and Outlook are all working perfectly fine on my Blaze.

- I have a Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) and yes I know it is not in Fitbit list of tested compatible but it should still work.

- I am using the pre-installed Samsung Messaging app.

- With the latest Android update being version 9

The Issue

Text messages do not work, unless and this is the wired part, I can get text notifications through to my Blaze when the preview messages setting on my phone is switched off.

However, that only then shows up on my Blaze as "1 new message", which is pretty much pointless, as you do not know who it is from, nor what it says.

I then go and test it after that with preview messages switched on and I get absolutely ZERO response through my Blaze not even a notification saying I have "1 new message".

Yes, I have tried the troubleshooting and it has not helped at all. Other than all notifications at some point stop working, so I re-do the troubleshooting and most of it came back working bit part from text.

P.s. I have had this fitbit for only 2 weeks and everything was fine and working until I updated the App and then texts suddenly stopped working.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Arty_Hufflepuff. Sorry for the delayed response.

I regret to hear that you are having difficulties to receive text messages notifications. Thank you for the information provided and for the troubleshooting steps you performed before contacting us.

I would recommend making sure you have set the notifications by following these instructions. If this doesn't work, please provide a screen shot of the Notification settings for the Messages app on your phone for further investigation.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes