Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time and Date Wrong After Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated my Blaze last night to 17.8.301.7. I don't track my sleep so I take it off every night and turn it off to conserve the battery. When I turned it back on this morning it still said it was 9:32 PM 9/27/16, not 5:15 AM on the 28th. I tried turing it off and back on again. It would not reset to the correct date and time until I opened the App on my iPhone. I have all day sync on and the auto timezone. I've had my Blaze for 4 months and never had this happen until the update. I'd really hate to have to sync the second I wake up every day or leave my Blaze on and have my battery die faster. I hope this was a fluke or they fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@so8sk try setting up your tracker as a replacement of itself. 

@bj2burch for 4 months you where not running the firmware your running today. See the top post in thread on the update. Especially this paragraph: 

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

What your experiancing should not surprise you as the time is expected to be off. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi there @bj2burch. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

Sometimes, when your tracker runs out of battery or you turn it off and it spends a while like that, the time can be a little off or a lot as you describe but this has happened to me just in situations where the Blaze has been off for a few days. I'm not sure why this is happening until after the update but you can try to restart your tracker by pressing and holding the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds and after that, keep an eye on it to see how it goes.

Let me know how it works for you.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing that fixed it was to sync. Just seemed odd I've turned it off every night for 4 months now with no issues until the update. I will see if it does it again tomorrow. I'm just hoping it don't need to leave it on at night now. Defeats the purpose of being able to turn it off to conserve the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My time is incorrect after the update as well.  I've restarted, resynced, etc., and nothing seems to fix that problem.  Battery life is good, and I don't turn it off.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Hi there @bj2burch. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

Sometimes, when your tracker runs out of battery or you turn it off and it spends a while like that, the time can be a little off or a lot as you describe but this has happened to me just in situations where the Blaze has been off for a few days. I'm not sure why this is happening until after the update but you can try to restart your tracker by pressing and holding the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds and after that, keep an eye on it to see how it goes.

Let me know how it works for you.

Version 8.301.4

This release includes three new features:

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, you can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker. Common emojis also appear. Note that any notifications currently stored on your tracker will be deleted during the update. For more information, see How do I get notifications from my mobile device?
  • Track your stationary time throughout the day and get a reminder to move hourly as needed. For more information, see What is a reminder to move?
  • Several new clock faces are available. For step-by-step instructions on changing your clock face, see About Fitbit Blaze.

Also note the following behavior changes:

• You must now sync your tracker after shut down to see the correct time. In other words, if your tracker runs out of battery or if you manually shut it down, you must sync it after it turning it on to see the current time.

Having to choose between shutting it off to conserve battery or not getting to count anything before sync is not a good new feature. It worked perfeclty before. I could turn it off at night and turn it on as soon as I woke up and everything worked perfeclty. I hope this is corrected soon. For those that only track activity and not sleep this is a big downgrade.

Best Answer

@so8sk try setting up your tracker as a replacement of itself. 

@bj2burch for 4 months you where not running the firmware your running today. See the top post in thread on the update. Especially this paragraph: 

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

What your experiancing should not surprise you as the time is expected to be off. 

Best Answer

Oops this post was a duplicate I deleted the body

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is a bummer. As previously stated having to choose between shutting it off to conserve battery or not getting to count anything before a sync is not a good new feature. It worked perfeclty before.  For those that only track activity and not sleep this is a big downgrade. I hope this is corrected soon.

Best Answer

When the Blaze is taken off the arm the HR sensor and display turns off, battery drain is at a minimum. Turn all day sync off on the phone with it on my Fitbit One went from 4 weeks between charging to 8 days. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue so does it just sync when you open the app then? I have all day sync on but it only seems to update when I open the app. I'm currenlty charing twice a week at night so I never go dead during the day but that has been with turning it off from 10 PM - 5 AM.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app does try to sync when and everytime it is opened, to me this seems weird if the app says synced a moment ago. With all day sync on you will find that the app tries to sync every hour, even with the main app closed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue and then found this thread. I was suprised to find that they changed this in the update as it worked perfectly before. I hope that this gets fixed.

Best Answer

Just adding my annoyance to this thread about this 'new feature'. Or I should say my other half's annoyance.

Due to him being a bus driver, he found he had to turn off his fitbit blaze during driving hours, as the motion of the bus was causing steps and stairs to be wrongly counted, and then he would just turn it back on and it would be fine. But now it's not telling the right time!

Now this wouldn't be so bad if all he had to do was sync to fix it. But ever since he got his blaze, it doesnt sync with his phone very well. We've been through all the message boards and tried all the ideas to fix it, but his phone can spend up to 5 days at a time not syncing with it. So right now, his fitbit is sadly a bit useless to him because it doesnt tell the right time or sync with the app to keep him tracking his activities or sleep etc.

So hope they reupdate it so that it keeps the time throughout being switched off!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a real bummer.  I don't sleep with it either.  They need to fix this bug because I really enjoyed the user experience before the "upgrade".  Seems like a simple fix to me.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Not a Good Upgrade!
Best Answer

Fitbit, you need to update this! I have the same issue. I do not need to track sleep so I turn it off every night to conserve battery. Is this a secret ploy to kill our batter faster, therefore making us more susceptible to needing a new fitbit outright? Not pleased.

Best Answer

I don't think that it saves much battery when you switch it off, because HR is off after a few moments on the table. So leave it on.

Best Answer

Tried restarting, tried removing the device...nothing worked

It's Christmas time...think I'll buy me an apple watch as it's evident that there is not a fix coming anytime soon

Best Answer

Restarting won't change the date or time @saltydawg1 have you checked the timezone and the synced? It is only through a sync process that will reset the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I checked the time zone and it was correct

I wasn't able to get the watch to sync with my phone and tried everything

rebooting the watch

rebooting the phone

adding a replacement device

All the suggested fixes

I'm guessing this is Apples way of pushing Apple Watch sales

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

"Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown..."

Rich_Laue, I understand what you're saying, and I agree about about battery drain - but to say after a manual shutdown that a sync is required to reset the time, and that "should not surprise" me....no way!

Are you saying that even though the battery has a charge, shutting down a fitbit will affect it's time?!

I have a digital watch from 1975 that doesn't lose time just by turning it off. And I know that Fitbit software has to be more evolved than a 40 year old device...or at least it should be.

Steve 

Best Answer