Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume control not working on Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi there,

My volume control is not working on my Blaze with my iPad IOS 10.0.2. I have tried disconnecting and connecting the Bluetooth many times and also reset the watch itself. The other music controls work, it's just the volume.

Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @SunsetRunner,  Good to see you back! 🙂

Were you able to test the volume control with a different app and see if that made any difference?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

Welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner. Thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourself. Volume control, should work regardless of the music app you're using. I'd like to know what exactly happens when you're on the music control screen and you press the upper or lower right buttons to increase or decrease the volume. Do they show up but don't respond or they don't show up at all? Have you tried with a different music streaming app?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello!

Thanks for replying 🙂

The volume controls do show up and they work with my android device perfectly, it's just with the iPad iOS 10.0.2 that they appear but do nothing.

I haven't tried another music app yet (currently using the standard apple one on the iPad).

Thanks!

K
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner,  Good to see you back! 🙂

Were you able to test the volume control with a different app and see if that made any difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I've had my blaze for two days. My volume buttons won't work either. They appear very quickly after I push the top right button, but disappear faster than I can push them to adjust the volume. Help? Suggestions? Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Timswhims. Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂

Once you've swiped down to access the music control panel, push either the top or bottom buttons on the right side to control volume, once they appear, just press again up or down to control it. Make sure you're not tapping as this will make the controls to hide again.

Let us know how it goes!

Best Answer
I will try that, but pretty sure I was already doing it that way. I had to
put the device back in the charger because the battery quickly died. Thanks
for getting back to me so quickly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a problem @Timswhims 🙂

Please try that out and let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am somewhat deaf. Should I hear music. On pandora music is playing on iPhone. Can't hear on blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mrcnopet

I've heard of other users having problems with Pandora in the past. You might want to take a look at this other thread where a user was able to get it to work. I think you might find it helpful.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mrcnopet think of you Blaze as a keyboard that is used to control your music player. The Blaze does not have a speaker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, I'm sorry, I think I misread your question @Mrcnopet but @Rich_Laue just gave the right answer to that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine do not work either on my blaze either I can skip the song but that's it...the plus and minus show up and even light up when I push them but the volume doesn't change

Best Answer

Hmmm that's strange @SunsetRunner. Have you tried to restart your tracker by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds until the tracker restarts? That could help.

Also, is this happening with any specific music app or with all in general?

Let me know how the restart goes. Welcome to the Forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Restarting as you suggested worked!! Thanks so much!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I'm glad to hear that it worked! 😄

Thanks for getting back and anything else you may need, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having issues with volume control too. I can skip songs but when I up or down the volume button there's no reaction. It worked previously when I just got my Blaze and then I did an update and now it doesn't work no more. In my Bluetooth I am seeing Blaze (Classic) connected. I am using an iOS device by the way.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue & it only can control pause, play & skip, but not volume.  I have restarted Fitbit (Blaze) 2x & it also does not work on ANY app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there guys @SShaw @linqinni, great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums!

I'm sorry you're having problems with your trackers not controlling the volume properly. I can probably recommend setting up your trackers as new devices. For this, go to the Account section at the bottom right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem and you can try to see if this makes the tracker to control the volume now.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit Will this erase any data (or lose data) from the Fitbit when doing so?  i.e. will we lose any steps upon reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes