Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume control not working on Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi there,

My volume control is not working on my Blaze with my iPad IOS 10.0.2. I have tried disconnecting and connecting the Bluetooth many times and also reset the watch itself. The other music controls work, it's just the volume.

Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

You don't have to worry about that @SShaw. Basically what a restart does is that it forces the tracker to turn off and come back on.

This will not delete any of your data but it's recommended to sync the tracker before restarting it.

If you have more questions, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit No I am referring to how you ask us to re-setup our Blaze on the app itself.  Do we have to delete the previous device (blaze) & then add it as a "new" or "replace"?  Also, by putting the new device on the app again, will it delete the old info?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been resolves yet? I use two different apps on my ipod, native and equalizer+, and the volume will not go up or down. I bought this product for this reason.

Best Answer

Oh, I get it, sorry @SShaw. No, adding your tracker as a new device doesn't delete any of your previous data. However, it's important for you to sync it before setting it up as a new device to make sure you will not lose any unsynced information for the day.

Also, it doesn't matter if you don't remove the tracker before setting it up as a new device. If you don't remove it, you'll be basically replacing it, so that will be fine.

@FitnessMama2015, welcome to the Community Forums! Have you triend  the suggestions in the previous posts?

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit I replaced my tracker on the app & the volume still cannot be controlled.  Again, the + & - show up & turn yellow when buttons are pressed, but it will not change the volume.  I am using an ipad air 2 with very latest update.  The same thing happens on my ipod gen 4. Both using native music player. Does it matter that my app is on my android phone, but I'm trying to control my ipad?  I use it for a Jazzercise class, so volume would be helpful to control. 🙂  Thanks for trying to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you back @SShaw 🙂

Well, in that situation, it's very important that the app you're trying to control through your Blaze is the one that is connected to your Blaze via Bluetooth. In this situation, since you mention that you have the app is on your Android phone (the Fitbit app I assume), you will only be able to control the music on whatever music app you're using on your Android phone as it's there where the Blaze has a bond.

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit For some reason, the ipad wont let me install the fitbit app on it, but as I mentioned before, the Bluetooth is linked & I can control play/pause/skip/repeat. ALL controls except volume.  It should work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it @SShaw, thanks so much for getting back and letting me know.

I've heard of some users (as you can see in this thread) that are being able to control the music from their trackers but not the volume for some reason. This happens on Android devices mostly for what I've noticed. At the moment, this is not a general issue but I would hope that it gets fixed soon.

Thank you so much for your patience!

Best Answer

I've gotten 2 replacements now and both have come and the volume doesn't work.  I'm at a loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes