Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume control and Pandora

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does volume control on the Blaze work for the Androis Pandora app? I can pause and ff, but the volume controls do not seem to respond.

My phone is a Galaxy S6 Edge+

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello! Thanks for the responses and apoligize for the delay in reply.  Here's what I do.

1) Open Pandora

2) Play a song

3) Swipe down on my Blaze to load the ong information.

4) Test Pause and Fast-forward.  This works.

5) Press the volume buttons, this loads the volume options.

6) I press volume up or down several times.  Like 15 each.  No change in music.

**I think I figured it out.  I noticed that "Blaze Classic" wasnt connected on my phone.  Once I connected it, volume worked.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6
The volume control should work, reqardless of the music app, since this is intercepted by the operating system. Have you checked to see if there are any known issues with your phone.www.fitbit.com/devices
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SunsetRunner. Good to see you around!

As @Rich_Laue said, volume controls shoul work regardless of the music app you're using. Now, I'd like to know what exactly happens when you're on the music control screen and you press the upper or lower right buttons to increase or decrease the volume. Do they show up but don't respond or they don't show up at all? Have you tried with a different music streaming app?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Thanks for the responses and apoligize for the delay in reply.  Here's what I do.

1) Open Pandora

2) Play a song

3) Swipe down on my Blaze to load the ong information.

4) Test Pause and Fast-forward.  This works.

5) Press the volume buttons, this loads the volume options.

6) I press volume up or down several times.  Like 15 each.  No change in music.

**I think I figured it out.  I noticed that "Blaze Classic" wasnt connected on my phone.  Once I connected it, volume worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @SunsetRunner. I'm glad to know that this worked for you and that everything is fine now. 

Anything else you may need, let us know and we'll be glad to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrated. I bought my blaze yesterday. I liked all the features and interface however I can't control my volume using the music app that comes with my iPhone. I've tried everything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @randyr. Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems to control the volume on your phone from your Fitbit Blaze 😕

Just out of curiosity, which iPhone is the one you're using? Whenever you're playing music on your phone, you will need to swipe down from the clock face and the option to pause, play, rewind and forward songs will appear. For controlling the volume just press the top and bottom right buttons.

If you're having problems with this, you could try to set up your tracker as a new device. Make sure to sync your tracker and then, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem and you can try the volume control option again and see how it goes.

Also, you can try controlling the volume with other music apps on your phone and see if it works or not.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes