Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waterproof Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Does anybody know if Fitbit are working towards a waterproof Blaze? I see they have done the flex but I'd rather have a waterproof Blaze 😀 TIA
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've not heard anything and would be surprised if anyone has - fitbit do not tend to tell us about future models until they are formally released.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I've not heard anything and would be surprised if anyone has - fitbit do not tend to tell us about future models until they are formally released.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks SteveH I'll just have to hope.

Amanda Johnson
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AKJ40. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

As @SteveH said, there are no news on something like this yet but in the meantime, there are a couple of Feature Suggestions that you could add your vote and comments to and hopefully we can see something like this in a near future. The links are the following:

-Waterproof housing

-Waterproof band/case for blaze

Anything else, let us know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1 for a waterproof Blaze.

I've owned 3 Charge HR's, all replaced from water damage.  I won't buy another tracker until it's made waterproof for swim and shower use.  The full feature set of the Blaze is more appealing than the Charge HR, but I just can't buy it beacause I know it'll get damaged when it gets wet.  I fell in a pool recently and now my 3rd Charge HR is trashed. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you block the altometer (the little hole in the back) then it is 'basically' waterproof, I have done this with my Charge HR and I take it swimming and in to the sauna/steam room and it's still going after 2 years of doing that.

Best Answer

I don't plan to do this but you've peaked my curiosity. What did you use to block the altimeter hole?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Blocking the hole is an interesting idea. Wouldn't that inhibit the utility of the altimeter, which I assume indicates height and number of stair flights?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@quitob1 wrote:

Blocking the hole is an interesting idea. Wouldn't that inhibit the utility of the altimeter, which I assume indicates height and number of stair flights?

@Marcy wrote:

I don't plan to do this but you've peaked my curiosity. What did you use to block the altimeter hole?

Generally I only block it when I know it will get wet so I can't say whether it still counts flights of stairs.

I usually use just a small piece of sticky tape (approx 1.5cm x 1.5cm) that I can remove after I go swimming etc, have never had a problem with water damage.

Now this is with my Charge HR, I haven't tried this yet on my blaze, I use the HR when swimming, sauna etc and Blaze for everything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there guys @McLuke @quitob1 @Marcy, good to see you in the Community! 🙂

While I totally understand where you're coming from, I wouldn't really recommend just blocking the altimeter hole for making it waterproof. So far, Fitbit trackers (besides the Flex 2 which is swimming proof), are not meant to be water resistant so trying this might now work as expected and if the tracker gets damaged by the water and this is not covered under the limited warranty.

You can still vote for the feature suggestions I mentioned above and hopefully we can have something like this in a near future.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit really do need to make a waterproof blaze or equivalent. I hope the bosses take note. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Bigdw! 🙂

Thanks a lot for your feedback about this! You might want to take a look at this post for some options in the Feature Suggestions board to vote for.

Anything else, we're here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes