Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Blaze to the Fitbit Family

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Exciting times ahead with the introduction of the new Fitbit Blaze.

Looks like a very interesting product but not sure what to make of it.

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78
I'm sorry, what does dieting have to do with the Blaze release? Additionally, the GPS isn't necessarily important as I always take my phone with me for music and in case of an emergency. Bridget
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the ability to swap out to different bands (like the Apple watch) should open up a good 3rd party market for styles outside of Fitbit's own products.

Best Answer

I like the battery power display. And also the 5 days battery charge lasting. Does the display fade away or stay constant? I might upgrade from Charge HR.

Aria, Charge 5, and Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Android One) user.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When getting a tracker, normally it's to wanting to become fitter, eating healthier overall.. seeing food habits and change where wanted.. if wanting to become leaner and making also changes in exercise.. to build up gradually.. just wanted to share.

Have Fun

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jfeBlaze does not stay on persistently. To conserve battery life, it instead incorporates the Quick View feature like the Charge HR. When you do turn the display on, it's a thing of beauty!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Does it have a idle alert ? Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Bunnybear_05 We haven't announced that feature for any of our trackers, but we do know that it is a popular request. We'll be sure to update the related thread if there is news on that topic.

Best Answer

Do you have to have your phone with you during the activity you want to track?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kejames You would only need to bring your phone along if you wanted to make use of GPS during the activity. Blaze will track steps, distance, floors, active minutes, and heart rate all on its own - and with a properly equipped mobile device nearby, you can use Connected GPS to also collect GPS data.

Best Answer

Do you know if a Surge 2.0 is coming this year?  I have the Surge and think its great, but a colored screen would make it that much better. thx

Best Answer

@mrhawkNo word on a Surge 2.0 at this time.

However, Blaze is currently on pre-order and includes a color screen, check it out!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the blaze have an upgraded heart rate sensor, or would it have the same hardware as the surge?

Best Answer
Hello - current surge owner - but am interested in the Blaze! I do have a few questions-

1- does the blaze have a specific cycle mode? Different pages on your faq seem to give conflicting answers.

2- from observing my surge's behavior it seems to tune calorie burn data from RHR and GPS data and it absolutely tunes stride length from GPS data ( after going for a run with GPS the cal/min and distance data for all other activities appears to be tuned to my fitness/ stride). Will the Blaze do this with connected GPS?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Third question 🙂 the screenshots appear to display HR persistently on the watch face is this correct? Can one pick which fitness metric displays? I miss the ability to lock the screen to a fitness metric on the surge and would love to get it back!
Best Answer
0 Votes
You can find screen protectors through Etsy. Did same thing to mine. Got secind one and have protector on it. Works great!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Was super excited about the Blaze....until I realized it didn't have built in GPS.  That kills is for me.  I'll stick with my Surge.  Dang it.

Best Answer

@IW1206MT wrote:
Hello - current surge owner - but am interested in the Blaze! I do have a few questions-

1- does the blaze have a specific cycle mode? Different pages on your faq seem to give conflicting answers.

2- from observing my surge's behavior it seems to tune calorie burn data from RHR and GPS data and it absolutely tunes stride length from GPS data ( after going for a run with GPS the cal/min and distance data for all other activities appears to be tuned to my fitness/ stride). Will the Blaze do this with connected GPS?
Third question Smiley Happy thescreenshots appear to display HR persistently on the watch face is this correct? Can one pick which fitness metric displays? I miss the ability to lock the screen to a fitness metric on the surge and would love to get it back!

@SunsetRunner I'll try to answer your questions where I can:

1. On the product details page if you hover over "Multi-Sport" it shows the screen switching between Bike and Run. So I say it does. But GPS tracking for Bike will only work with a phone that has compatible "Connected GPS" functionality. (Which is not currently any Windows Phones.)
  2. The Surge calculates calorie burn data based on your demographics+activity(intensity of movement/speed/number of steps)+HR if turned on. (Just like all the other Fitbit trackers.) I would assume that the Blaze would work essentially the same.
  3. Again, on the product details page if you hover over "All-Day Activity & Sleep" it shows the bottom portion of the clock changing between the HR and number of steps. They show a number of different watch faces with various features. But I don't see specific details yet. Note: The screen isn't always on like the Surge, it uses Quick View to turn on when you bring it up to view it. (I don't know how long it stays on.)

It looks like it will show much more of the dashboard like information on screen, which I think is very cool. I can't wait to see more details.

Best Answer
So to run and monitor pace one wears a Blaze on their wrist and carries a phone in their pocket? Huh? Runners in training are gonna flock to that!
Best Answer
@FelixFive , that's why Fitbit makes a range of different trackers for different needs! Some of us, particularly women and older runners, always take our phones for safety reasons, so would be happy to use connected GPS rather than onboard GPS. Obviously people for whom that extra weight makes a difference will make different choices.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
I think this wold be a great upgrade to my favorite Fitbit, the Charge HR.
Best Answer