Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Blaze device require internet to use GPS?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the Blaze device require internet when the it should only require the device to have GPS and pair with the Blasé to be able to log the GPS information then sync later.  I do a lot of hiking in CO, MT, SD and most of the places the we go do not have cell service but I do have GPS.  We get the map locally and use the GPS system all the time on phones.  I used my the GPS all the time when we go walking at the MT ranch where there is no cell phone access.   I have the GPS access and the my phone does pair with my new FitBit Blaze.  I when looking at summary and spec on the Blaze, it was never mentioned the Cell Phone internet access is REQUIRED to used the GPS feature so for me this is a major issue because it is useless when the internet is required for 99% of the time I want to use it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Not sure what phone you have @WT_NewUser.

My phone and the Fitbit app does not require internet access.

Some have reported that they need internet access to start the recording,  but once started they then can turn network off.

One person stated they put the phone on aiplane mode, then turn on bluetooth. In airplane mode o am unable to turn on bluetooth. 

The sig has my phone model.

Best Answer
0 Votes