Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't purchase Fitbit ever again ...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In early March, I purchased a Fitbit Blaze from an online retailer that has an eBay channel and despite the Fitbit's specification that the tracker has a Gorilla Glass 3, it got scratched. Naturally, I contacted Fitbit customer support as the Blaze is their product and now they are telling me they can't help me out because I purchased it from the online retailer therefore the product has no warranty. It is unacceptable that Fitbit does not stand by its products because the product was purchased from an online retailer of customer's choosing. It's still a product the company has manufactured. I will not purchase Fitbit merchandise from now on out. This is bad customer service. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

It is because they can not verify the seller is legit

The do have an approved retailers list

https://www.fitbit.com/retailers

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. I'm very disappointed in this as the retailer tells me they are legit, the product was purchased brand new, and it's properly registered with Fitbit. I could have simply said to Fitbit support that it was a gift. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some tech manufacturers honor warranty based on date of first sale. So you can buy first or second or third or ... and it doesn't matter. IMHO true leaders stand behind products, not behind authorized resellers. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Did the original ebay seller by it from Fitbit to be sold? Or did they by it from another to be resold? 

What is the warranty the seller gave you? 

Most manufacturers have a clause in the warranty limiting it to the original purchaser, or the one it was purchased for as a gift. 

Warranty link found below. 

Best Answer

The better manufacturers warranty the product. I routinely purchase second hand gear from Dell, Apple, and Garmin. All three companies warranty the PRODUCT and no issues with buying second hand. As a leader in wearables I would expect Fitbit to do the same, although after following the quarterly investor calls I see Fitbit management making large increases in warranty reserves throughout 2016. That indicates issues with product quality, something I've experienced with every Fitbit I've owned. So perhaps its not surprising that Fitbit limits the warranty to original customer, rather than standing behind the product.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
Did the original ebay seller by it from Fitbit to be sold? Or did they by it from another to be resold? 

I am not positive. I contacted the reseller and he was helpful but he suggested that the product has a year warranty and Fitbit should honor it. I unpackaged the product at home and I am 100% positive that it is not a knockoff or a carefully packaged used item. This item most assuredly must have been purchased from Fitbit or a retailers in bulk maybe!

What is the warranty the seller gave you? 

He said that if Fitbit fails to honor the warranty he may be able to do something. 

Most manufacturers have a clause in the warranty limiting it to the original purchaser, or the one it was purchased for as a gift. 

Rich I am not sure about the fact that it is "most" manufacturers do it. I never ran into this issue with Apple products, even after purchasing used items,  and they are a major manufacturer. It is the retailer/manufacturer deal here to mark up prices and put a few dollars profit into the retailers pocket. Why should I pay 40-50 dollars more at Target? And trust me, I got my gunmetal Blaze at $180.00 with free shipping. There is no valid reason for not standing by the product. A screen scratch can be overlooked but if this pebble malfunctions, despite it is purchased brand new, I am SOL. Therefore I am solid on the fact that I will never consider Fitbit even again and I will advocate against them due to this practice of screwing the consumer.

Warranty link found below. 

I don't see a link but they already emailed me one, it doesn't explain why they can't honor my warranty, it just says, they simply will not. 

Best Answer

I received a FitBit as a Christmas gift and after 3 months it started restarting itself every 5 to 10 minutes. The battery doesn’t last a day because of it restarting so much and it doesn’t keep track of anything like it’s supposed to because of it too. I have called customer service about 4 times in the past month and they will not replace my defective device, either. I would not recommend FitBit products to anyone and will not be purchasing any more of their items myself. Dirty company!!

Best Answer
0 Votes