Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[deleted]

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

[deleted]

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I am really sorry to hear this!  But as you are probably aware, even the best looked after rechargeable batteries do have a limited life span, and it sounds like you may have come to the end of the life of yours.  The Blaze battery is, after all, very small in order to fit into a wrist sized device.

You can maximise the battery life of any modern, lithium ion battery by avoiding, wherever possible, deep discharges.  If you regularly let the battery go below 20-30% before recharging, and especially if you allow it to die completely, it will shorten its life.  The best advice, for longest life, is to keep it between 30-80% charged.  Many people find that charging it a few minutes -- say about 15 -- every day, maybe when you are showering or getting ready for work -- keeps the battery in best condition.

The good news is that, even though your Blaze will definitely be out of warranty after 3 years, I have heard that Fitbit is often willing to offer a discount to loyal customers with out of warranty Fitbits, so it really is worth getting in touch with them on contact.fitbit.com and letting them know the issues you are having with your battery -- they might be able to help with a discount code. There are some really excellent new Fitbits that have come out since the Blaze.  I really loved my Blaze, but I have to say that the new(ish) Versa has many of the Blaze's best features -- and then more.  I can recommend it, if you are ready to upgrade.  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I had the same issue, only had it for a 1.5 years not 3. I’ve emailed Fitbit and they offer me 25% discount on my next purchase since warranty is only good for a year. I’m looking into other products that will last longer tbh. 

Best Answer
0 Votes