Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit life expectancy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had six Fitbit devices. In my experience, and from what I’m reading, the average life expectancy of a device is one year. I’m sure this is planned, but I’m sick of it. I will be moving my business elsewhere for my next fitness device. As soon as my Blaze dies, which I’m assuming will be any day now, I’m done wasting my money. Anyone have another brand they love?

Best Answer
141 REPLIES 141

I’ve had my Blaze for 6 years, and it’s still running perfectly, including battery life. 

Best Answer
That's the best news about the watch I have ever heard. I thought I was
lucky when my first watch (Bravo) lasted four years. My second (a Blaze) is
approaching its third year this summer.
Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mention another product and the Fitbit police will yank your post away from the forum.  My non Fitbit alternative is still 100% going strong after 2 years, More Starvin Marvin than a Fitbit.

Best Answer

1 to 2 years for me. Such a waste of money!!!!

Best Answer

I was put in fitbit jail for disparaging the product. Imwill say I have parapalegia so I don't think I'm very rough on the watch lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Garmin.  Mine has been faultless and long lived.

Best Answer

I've had this Versa for about 2 years and it's just within the last few days started having small issues.  I had the original Versa that lasted a little over three years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is still going strong at 6 years…the band just broke so am waiting for a new one to arrive. I had one issue about a year ago when it froze and I couldn’t shut it off. I just waited for the battery to die. When I recharged it, everything was fine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I had a similar experience, though my first, a Fitbit Blaze, lasted 4 years
and my Versa 2 lasted around 3. It died and I had to replace it about 6
weeks ago. The new one, by the way, has many more features and the price
was virtually the same as the old one. I am just reporting the facts, not
endorsing anything in particular.
Best Answer

Interesting. My first Fitbit was a Flex 2. I was able to “trade it in” toward an Inspire HR in March 2019. Still works well, just charging is getting to be a pita. So I’m thinking about going to the Inspire 3 because the charger clips on rather than magnetic. Maybe trackers have a better span than watches. I don’t have a smartphone, don’t need a smartwatch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with the one year expected life of a Fitbit.  When it was $100 I simply accepted it as the cost of the convenience.  Now with prices over $250 you must consider other alternatives.

Best Answer
You are absolutley right, JimJ502!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I started with Fitbit when Sportbrain went out of business (2009?). So I had the original teal and black clip. Then the Fitbit One. Then the Zip which lasted a long time. Then the Inspire 2 -- that died today - almost 2 years old.

So, 13 years of Fitbits, divided by 4 trackers, equals an average of 3 years, 3 months lifetime each. (It should be weighted heavily toward the Zip that lasted forever with trips thru the laundry!) Cost averaged about $30/year if each device was +/- $100. I don't use Premium.

My iPhone replacements are on the same obsolescence schedule. So, I was quite angry with Fitbit earlier this morning, but on reviewing the facts -- I guess a dead 2-yr-old Fitbit is expected. 

I wish that Fitbit would be upfront about this life expectancy. And that they made it easier to get Support.

Best Answer
Thanks for the thoughtful, reasoned response! I feel better already!
Best Answer

my inspire 2  died after 8 months

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPod
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just plug all my fitbit devices on the charger and just leave it...never had a battery problem PS my fitbit charge HR still works great.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have been lucky. Congratulations!
Best Answer
0 Votes
The battery dies within an hour after full charge.  Battery is clearly shot.
Best Answer
0 Votes