Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise tracking in app - no heart rate data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I just upgraded to the Charge 2 (from a One) and am trying out the different exercise tracking options.

I'm used to tracking a run from the fitbit app on my iphone.

My question is regarding the heart rate tracking.  If I track my run from the Charge 2 I see my heart rate data in real time during the run (on the Charge 2 screen) and a summary afterwards in the fitbit app.  But if I track a run from the app I don't see any heart rate data - during the run or in the summary afterwards.  I assume the Charge 2 is tracking heart rate during the run regardless, so why doesn't it show me that data in the app as part of the exercise summary?

As I run without my glasses, I find it easier to see my run stats in large font on my phone than on the small Charge 2 screen.  But does this mean I can't record heart rate data for my run unless I track the run from the Charge 2?

Thanks for any help!

Robyn

Best Answer
149 REPLIES 149

Hello Ricardo,

I tried the “new look” on the app today and it still didn’t give the heart rate. On top of that, when I went to adjust my settings to notify me of my pace, split times, etc., at the 0.5 mile and it kicked me out of the app! I tried the 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and it kept the settings. BUT when I set it to 0.5, or 1.5, it kicked me out again! It doesn’t seem to like partial miles! This is just one more frustration and my tolerance is waning!!!

Best Answer

This is the second time I have posted this reply.  The first reply said that it didn't go through and to try again.  So I am trying again.  

I used the "new look" on the app today and it still didn't show the heart rate.  I then went to the settings to have the app notify me of the split times, average pace, etc.  When I set it to notify me of 0.5 miles, it kicked me out.  I went through the other options (1.0, 2.0, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, etc) and it saved the changes.  I tried the 1.5 and it kicked me out.  It doesn't seem to like partial miles. My frustration tolerance is waning!!!

Best Answer

Charge 3 has exactly the same problem 😫

Best Answer

It’s been 2 weeks of valuable points I have lost with my medical aid as a result of the brand FITBIT that I purchased and  I laid my trust in for monitoring heart rate has done the unthinkable and removed the heart rate from the exercise app, still no joy as nothing but 2 messages in 2 weeks saying they working on it. Don’t send any more sob stories, just fix the issue already. 😡😡

Best Answer

I’m already in the process of saving for an Apple Watch, so I will be converting over when that times comes regardless of if and when they fix this. We all know a correction like this would never take this long within the Apple echo system. 

Best Answer
I agree; the heart health element of Fitbit was the whole reason for my commitment - apple is looking more attractive by the day…

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I don’t know what Fitbit you are using but you should still be able to get your heart rate data for your exercise. You just do what you were doing before this problem started, when you are done with your run you have an exercise with just GPS data, from this you have time, distance and start time if go to the Log function in the app and put these 3 pieces of data in the appropriate places and save you will get another exercise that has just heart rate data. You maybe able to go back in time and get HR data I’ve never tried it. There is another way to get the HR data but it is harder to explain and it isn’t any better. I agree with you this problem should never have happened and it shouldn’t take so long to fix. Fitbits customer service is totally lacking if it’s not a problem in the there playbook they have no clue and they won’t admit that they don’t know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I am aware of that method and suggested it to one of the responders to my original post. The only thing is that it seems to alter the daily mileage and step summary data and ignores the more accurate GPS data. So then you have to delete it to get the daily summary back to normal.

I just review the detail directly from the daily heart rate data now instead of worrying about seeing it in the exercise summary. I don't think that Fitbit developers are going to fix this issue.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why wouldn’t they fix it?  It used to work.   Obviously pissing off customers who bought the Fitbit for this very feature.  They got their code screwed up somewhere.   Fitbit, you should be reporting on your progress every few days here & reassuring your customers that this will be fixed soon.   

Best Answer
I am using the solution with starting the excersise with my FitBit for now.
Then at least the HR shows up in the summary.

But I prefer to start it with the app. Can’t understand how this could be
hard to fix? All the data is there. Just show it in the summary...
Best Answer
For the last week I've been starting my bike ride from the Fitbit and from the App, I use the HR data from one and the GPS data from the other. It seems that these band-aid solutions don't work for everyone, I put all my data in a spreadsheet so I don't care how I get my data as long as I feel that it is accurate, doesn't mean that I'm happy. I don't know why they can't go back to the old version of the firmware and work on the new version and get it right before they release it this time. Fitbit never said what 58.22 brought to the table so it must of not been real important update, looks like all it did was wreck a primary function used by many many Fitbit users
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
Seriously? If Fitbit cannot restore to users the function of HR tracking
during a run or other exercise, I will replace my Fitbit with a better
device. Good grief. Who is going to try all those steps to get a basic
function that was there until 2 weeks ago??
Best Answer

Thank you for that information, I have a Fitbit Charge 2, I used to use the Heart Rate before and it worked well until I started using the exercise app a long time back, I found that better, however last week with a few 45 min Cardio sessions it did not pick up the heart rate either to allocate the points accordingly for 70-80% or 80% and above max bpm for my Discovery Med aid app. This really is frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are numerous posts in the community on this - all we get is moderators saying a “fix” is being worked on. Yeah...

It’s been 3 weeks since Fitbit either accidentally or deliberately rolled out a firmware/software change to all their HR enabled devices that disabled tracking heart rate data with gps logged exercise through their phone app. A basic function that users need for tracked exercise.

If it was accidental, then there should be a public apology and a published fix date. If it was deliberate (and knowing how software is built and deployed, it rarely isn’t) then this was a ploy by Fitbit to push a “premium” service on its customer base, with them testing the waters by doing it by stealth. Backlash should be massive if this is the case. Not conspiracy, just how a lot of providers are rolling these days.

Sad, as the product has worked for so many users. However, this market is now well serviced and we have good alternative choices. Fitbit - listen up or the silence will be deafening as you will soon have no customers left!

I certainly won’t be getting a charge 3 or any other Fitbit product any time soon with this going on. So how many more sales can you afford to lose?

Best Answer
I was just about to upgrade to a Charge 3 from my current charge 2 ie last weekend. This purchase is now on hold and getting less likely as the days pass by...

After 3 years of loyalty to Fitbit its a shame something that could be easily fixed is going to lose them business; the slow response to the problem seems to reflect how important they really find their loyal customer base - disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am also having the same problems no heart rate in the exercise mode of the app. and not being able to choose the .5 on the voice commands during exercise. This issue needs to be addressed or its onto a new garmin!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Checked in with Fitbit support who state there is no timeline for the resolution to this issue. This will soon be losing them customers - Garmin is looking like a attractive alternative.

I may be cynical but I have a horrible feeling this data will become part of the training app that you have to pay for...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the cynic in me has to agree they are looking to moneytise what was a core free feature.

As I said, these things are generally 99% deliberate. And in this case, the loss of loyalty from a lot of customers will be the result of trying to make more money. Bad call.

I am shopping around... they no longer have a unique product or solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Same here as this is beyond reasonable for a simple reverse of whatever they did. Seems like there’s more to the story for sure. And on another note as stated before, one can only receive verbal cues at each mile mark; can’t change it to each half mile or otherwise in that it crashes the app sending you back to main phone home screen. Been this way for over a week now. What the hell is going on with this company. Probably a bunch a Libs!

App update just released. Verbal cues fixed; HR not so much.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not available here, not sure how they roll out these updates. Pretty sure it will take a firmware change before the HR problem is fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer