Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium membership

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone spent the $50 for the membership to get detailed weekly reports and other's data for benchmarking and exercise regimen to try?  It's less than one session of personal trainer so am somewhat tempted but want to hear some first hand experience, and may use the 1 week free trial.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

It's nice to see you around the Community @rphcc7Smiley Very Happy Fitbit Premium is an extra service for those who are interested in a deeper analysis of food logs, activities, and sleep records. 

A few features of Fitbit Premium are:

- Fitbit Trainer: Provides a fitness plan that helps you increase or maintain weight and activity goals
- Benchmarking: Shows how you compare to every other user in the Fitbit database 
- Export data: You can export your activity and food data into a CSV or XLS file

You can learn more about Fitbit Premium features on our comparison page by going here.

Have a great day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

You do not need a premium membership to export your data. Another lie propagated by the Fitbit staff to sell premium memberships.

Go to https://www.fitbit.com/export/user/data to export your data (with or without a premium membership).

Note that if you go to the web page that @MarreFitbit lists in the last sentence of her response that it does not list exporting your data as a feature of the premium membership.

Dwayne Moore

Best Answer

Dwayne

Thanks. Great tip. But I think the premium membership offers more so I'll have to investigate whether it's worth it or not. BUt was looking for fellow forum members for first hand experience

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a free 7-day trial and I tried it a couple years ago. From this page the premium service looks the same. The benchmarking data is mildly interesting for a day or two, but not worth the money. I didn't find any value in the trainer data when I was walking to lose weight, the current tools bundled with the app are good enough (along with MyFitnessPal). Would not recommend purchasing premium.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

I bought a Fitbit Charge HR back in May last year.  I upgraded to the Charge 2 yesterday.  I also wondered what you get and the link gives so little information, that I cannot justify buying. 

For me to consider buying, I would like to see what the more detailed reports look like and what you gain.

I don't log food, not do 'training' .... for me it is steps, keeping active and sleep tracker.  So if the sleep reports are better, that is nice - but without seeing, I won't be buying.

Best Answer

Why is it that since "Fitbit Premium" came out I am no longer able to track total steps from a  selected day?  Is this a feature that you now have to pay for?  First Fitbit takes away our private work groups and now they take away this feature too???

-how do people track monthly steps rather than 7,14, & 28 day intervals?

28 days should be changed to (September, October, November,.......)

Best Answer

I think this Fitbit is a massive cash cow con. The watches are expensive, and now I need to pay more to access things? I’m not paying it, the watch doesn’t work well enough to pay extra for more data because it’s all incorrect. This charge 2 has never worked 100% for what I use it for. Will not be buying another one, that’s for sure. Found my 20 year old normal Casio analogue watch in a drawer the other day. 👍

Best Answer

I honestly find it difficult to understand why I have to pay for a 'extra' service that my dervice is monitoring in any case. Why not just show it to us?

It's not like this device comes cheap. Now I have to pay for a service as well..... 

Best Answer