Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the complaints process

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My partner has had a Fitbit since July so during the update last month it broke and won’t reconnect with her phone. 

The bar is stuck half way along and even letting it die and then recharging doesn’t fix it. 

Shes conracted support who have said there’s nothing she can do. She needs to buy a new one. 

Im sorry but that’s but that is not acceptable. We have 5 fitbits in the family and have been happy with fitbit service up until now. 

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I'm sorry @Bboo iIassume that you are ref referring to the update progress bar. Normally I would say to kill the app that is doing the update then restart the process. If this doesn't work.

As for complaints I would call support back and ask them how to fix it, if you don't get a satisfactory answer ask to be transferred to a supervisor. 

Explain that it was working before and that you do not expect an update to trash the tracker. 

Best Answer

I have a problem with my Charge2 and customer support is useless.  I escalated to a supervisor who was also useless.  Their customer support has no authority to do anything beyond following warranty.  You cannot contact anyone at fitbit that can help.  There is NOT an escalation path -- just pitch your fitbit and purchase another "non-fitbit" product.  

Best Answer

I feel the same about the Support process. My band broke 10 days after the 1-warranty expired and they said there was nothing they could do. I’m questioning the quality of a product that breaks just days after the warranty expires. I don’t want to be buying a new band every year.

Best Answer

As mentioned aboveI, I would contact support and ask to have your problem esculated or ask to talk to someone higher. 

Best Answer
Ejaculated 😂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Support is useless. My band broke in June and still no replacement... I got an email just now saying the order had not been placed and they insulted me for buying a replacement from Amazon... Seems they don't know that their products are sold there... Never buying from fit bit again. Totally useless 

Best Answer

Fitbit runs and owns the store on Amazon that sells fitbit products. I'm also shirt fitbit is well aware of many Amazon stores sell third party bands for Fitbit and I would be surprised if they really tried to insult you. 

Best Answer

Has anyone gotten results by talking to the support supervisor.  I have been waiting for 4 months for this problem to get resolved.  I don't think that is acceptable.  

Best Answer
I did get further with a supervisor. I still had to be assertive and press
the issue I was having about getting a replacement band. But in the end, I
did get one. Just keep escalating your concern until you get a response you
are satisfied with.
Best Answer

Hello, did day fix your devices? I have same issue with my two devices

Best Answer
No I had to buy a new one.
Still dissatisfied

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had a similar experience, I had my first smartwatch ever with the Fitbit Iconic, had some issues after a year and a few months (past the warranty date) and they said nothing i could do but buy a new one....cant afford buying a new 350 dollar smart watch every year and half....was really disappointed with that response despite really enjoying fitbit...may switch over to a different company for that reason solely...sorry to hear about your situation too....

Best Answer
I tried pretty much everything logical and Fitbit has more business than they need and are not willing to do anything but offer a discount to buy another one of their overrated poor quality products.
Best Answer

Soooooo angry!!!! Just need to vent. www.FITBIT.com required me to do a software update on my perfectly fine WORKING tracker. I do the update an now the tracker is not working. I call fit bit to let them know what happened and they offer me a discount to BUY a new tracker! WTW!!!!????

They PURPOSELY sent software to my device that would damage it so that I would purchase a new device. It is more than unacceptable business practice, just downright crooked. 

Best Answer

There is no complaint process.

My Charge 2 had cracked screen syndrome.

My replacement stopped syncing only after a couple of months. FitBit offered me a 20% discount off of a new one as a remedy. Yeah right!

Email to the CEO went unanswered.

FitBit doesn't give two hoots about anyone or their trackers.

Best Answer

No complaint process that I have found! My story is below! I will not purchase any more items from them.

I am writing this as I was told by customer service this was the only way to voice my concerns. I ordered a Charge and within about 7 month it broke (issue with the band holder. I contacted customer service and they sent me a replacement for free as it was under warranty (this took about a week). From there when I received the replacement it was the wrong color, had multiple scratches, and a white glue substance I was unable to remove. So I contacted customer service they agreed to send another replacement once i sent back the new replacement (this process is going to take another 2-3 week depending on mailing and how fast they are to get me another one). So with this said I am looking at about 3-4 weeks without my fitbi; for something I did not do to mess up my Fitbit but was an error with fitbit manufacturing. So I kindly asked if I could have a refund for this month’s premium subscription they stated no. Then when I asked how to voice a complaint they just stated I could on the community page. I find this very unhelpful and bad protocol for a well known business to engage in. I would be cautious about purchasing anything with premium subscription.

Best Answer

have had to recall my Ionic device and am still awaiting a refund and now I can't use my Ionic obviously and now I only speak to machines! This service is disgusting and I'm not prepared to incure costs to phone the UK either when it's your reason to not be able to use my watch. Fitbit Ionic Recall
– Reference 2022050904041041. Must say I'm not at all impressed with this service! 

Best Answer

I always seem to be buying new bands but going to a different watch just won't work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've ended up doing the same thing in the past but the only good thing about getting the discount was I would just keep upgrading my watch until I couldn't upgrade any more I recently just bought a new one but at least this time I got it for free and it broke for a different reason than usual

Best Answer
0 Votes