Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 not supported

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a fitbit Charge 2 for myself. Works great on Android so far. I have 3 daughters and they loved my new ''toy''.. So, as under te ''specs'' in de shop the three logo's ANDORID IPHONE AND WINDOWS are displayed, i bought another 2.

Different colors ofcourse.

Thanks fitbit, for not supporting 8.1 anymore. My daughters both have perfectly working, nont old lumia 630's and............;surprise. Fitbit not working.

SO do not display ''windows''  Display ''Only win 10''. that would be fair.

AM very dissapointed and will have more costs to send these back.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mwende, I'm glad to have a new member here! As you already know, beginning on April 28, 2016 the Fitbit app for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are no longer available for download. Customers who already have the app can continue to use it, but the app doesn't support our new trackers such as Fitbit Alta, Blaze, Charge 2, and Flex 2. 

I'd recommend using our redesigned and enhanced Fitbit app for Windows 10 after upgrading your PC, tablet, or mobile device to Windows 10. 

In case you have a mobile device that is included in the list of supported ones, you set up the trackers with it. Keep in mind that you can use fitbit.com to see your stats on a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1. PC but not sync with it.

Don't give up yet my friend!

FB_Logo.pngMaria | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Well. Found out AFTER buying. Frustrating. Also only food list in Europe is
Brexit land...(in English) Hopefully Fitbit is working on this. Am 65%
happy.....

Simply ordered a new HP laptop with win-10 for my daughter . SO lets hope that'll work...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for joining us here @Mwende! I'm sure it will my friend. Smiley Wink Once you're ready for the set up process, to get the app, click the Start button and open the Windows Store (called Store). Search for “Fitbit app.” Note that if you’ve never downloaded an app from the store to your computer, you’ll be prompted to create an account.

Open the app and follow the instructions to create a Fitbit account and set up your tracker. You can set up and sync wirelessly if your computer has Bluetooth. If your computer doesn't have Bluetooth or the Bluetooth signal is weak or problematic you'll need the Fitbit Dongle.

Thanks for your feedback, we always take comments like these into consideration to improve Fitbit products and services. 

Happy stepping! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well.. it didn't work.

We had to send the laptop back to CoolBlue where we bought it and got our money back...

The BLuetooth 4.0 couldn't find the Fitbit either.

Now, we have a tablet, which syncs.

But not always. In the night that we went to thre summe rhour, 2 of our 4 fitbit charge2's didn't reset at midnight.

A night later, mine said i slept for 15 hours, which is nonsense, i slept like a log from 22 till 07:15....

So, there's till a lot of work for fitbit.

We've spend 149€ * 4 to ''have fun'' as a family.

Vut we can't give the fitbit's any other name than ''charge2 which is confusing in the same household...

AND there's no syncing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had same issue, nothing on box to indicate minimum compatibility requirements.  Rang up fitbit support line had a winge at them - result they sending me a fitbit dongle which will solve problem.  they have presumed wrongly that everyone has either windows 10 or fancy Iphones, when I pointed out that not everyone does they were more than happy to supply a free dongle which would have otherwise cost $8.95AUD plus postage.  Not sure how you get it to work on a Lumia phone though - my preference is to install it on my PC.

Best Answer

Just got a new Fitbit.  Found very quickly it didn't pair with my phone.  So I want to pair it with my computer.  Is that possible and how do I do it please?  I have registered and have a log in etc.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have alta hr and windows 8.1 windows app crashes trying to sync. seems i have made the mistake of getting fitbit instead of garmin or apple products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So Fitbit is telling its users that it should upgrade their computers so that we can use our app without logging in? would you also like me to but a new BMW so that your Fitbit would look better on my wrist? 8.1 is far more secure than 10... first you sell me a Fitbit with a picture on the box that showing heart rate (that was lie, it does not do that), then after 6 months it quiet working, and I get a replacement, and, now I need to upgrade to a less secure and more invasive OS to use a dashboard at home... you wanna bet I will never ever going to every buy another one. 

Best Answer

So Fitbit is telling its users that it should upgrade their computers so that we can use our app without logging in? would you also like me to but a new BMW so that your Fitbit would look better on my wrist? 8.1 is far more secure than 10... first you sell me a Fitbit with a picture on the box that showing a visual heart rate monitor (that was lie, it does not do that), then after 6 months it quit working, and I get a replacement, and, now I need to upgrade to a less secure and more invasive OS to use a dashboard at home... you wanna bet I will never ever going to every buy another one. 

Best Answer

No I will return Fitbit flex 2 and tell everybody to avoid Fitbit  this is second one that would never work.....

Best Answer

Windows 8 and 8.1 are the most common windows OS - why on earth would you not support these!!! I have today just bought my first fitbit Charge 2 - and can do bugger all with it as I am on Windows 8.1! And suggesting I upgrade is a nonsense - do you know how bad Windows 10 is??!!?? Will be taking it back to the store I think....

Best Answer

mmm wonder if they will send me a free dongle to Portugal....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why instead of making to where we cant download the fitbit app for windows 8.1, why cant you guys just put a very clearly stated disclaimer that says we cant use it with 8.1 for those devices. I was just given a fitbit flex as a grad present and I cant even use it because of that...I'm not about to buy a whole new phone AND computer just for fitbit. I'm honestly extremely upset by this because I've wanted a fitbit since forever..

Best Answer

Can I sync my Fitbit Versa wireless with my windows 8.1 computer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting to know that the app doesn't support Blaze.  Because it DID. But it won't load on my Windows 8.1 computer anymore. No way I am upgrading or buying a new computer just so the Fitbit app will work.  Too bad there's no way to make a program backwards-compatible.  Oh, wait,  there used to be, back in the day of making things durable, when we didn't have a disposable society.  Hmmm.  Now, would you throw away a desktop computer to be compatible with a thing you wear on your wrist?  Spend up to $2K or so to do that? To match a device worth a quarter of that? Or less?  Yeah, didn't think so...

Best Answer

Sorry, but your "solutions" are unacceptable. Upgrade a PC just to maintain the type of functionality we used to have?  Out of your friggin mind.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's part of the problem.  Fitbit corp IS the data mining insecurity. They can't collect your non-relevant data if you have a more secure OS.

Best Answer