Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 band won’t connect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had to purchase a replacement band as my original band tore where the metal piece inserts in the hole. I followed the directions that came with the replacement and the band was easily removed. One of the replacement bands snapped into place easily and is attached properly. The other band will not attach. I tried re-attaching the original band (the piece that was not torn) and it will not attach either. Very frustrating.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

A warm welcome to the Community, @Dlwiebe.

I am sorry to hear about your frustration. If you are having problems putting on your wristband, I recommend taking a look at the help article: How do I change the wristband on my Fitbit device? and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know the outcome. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
No help. It appears that something broke when I removed the original
band. All of the bands, the new ones and the old ones will snap into place
on one side of my fitbit, however none of them will snap into place on the
other side. Now I have a fitbit that I cannot wear on my wrist. I received
this as a Christmas gift and do not have a receipt for it. Is this damage
covered under warranty?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update, @Dlwiebe.

Can you please provide me with a photo of the damage by following the steps in this post? In the meantime, you can check our warranty policy.

I hope to hear from you soon. 🙂

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

top viewtop viewbottom viewbottom vieworiginal and replacement bandsoriginal and replacement bands

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for the images, @Dlwiebe.

I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions. In the meantime, check our warranty policy.

Let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Best Answer

The band wont snap in place as a result it come off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

we already did one side will not click

Best Answer
0 Votes

exactly my problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I do think there is a design issue, if you are out of warranty and having this problem there is a solution.  There is likely a lot of dirt/crud built up so I cleaned that with toothpick and q-tip.  After that was done, the "catch" mechanism on the top of the face wasn't working but you can gently lift it up with toothpick, do it for each side.  That will allow the band to slide on and not just come off.  I just finished with this so not sure how long it will hold up.  charge3.jpg

Best Answer

The two angled catches that hold a wristband on were not free to rise up, so I blew dust/debris off of the end of the Fibit and used a sharp knife to clean off accumulated scum. Pressing the plastic button near the Fitbit body a few times freed up the catches, and the new wristband connected! Whee!

Best Answer

Thanks for your post. A couple of q-tips, alcohol, flashlight and floss-pick later and now mine attaches as well. Thanks for you insight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Followed these suggestions for cleaning connection area and sprayed catch with WD-40. One side snapped into place.  The band was purchased at Walmrt labeled "WITHITGEAR.COM°. Sliced razor-thin section off the band where it met the Fitbit with a very sharp knife, snapped into place. Just a little bit too much silicone band material for it to connect properly. 

Best Answer