Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display stuck in www.fitbit.com/setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have downloaded the app and syncronised and set up. The face of the Charge 3 only displays the Fitbit logo with www.fitbit.com/setup. I have tried to reset by pressing the side until a smiley face appears but it returns to the logo.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

That message suggests that it's not connected to your account so either the set up was not successful or it has somehow become disconnected.

You'll need to go through the setup process again to reconnect. Go into the account section of the app (the icon looks like an ID card) and select "set up a device".

Hopefully this time it will stay connected!

Best Answer
Thanks, SteveH,

I have done this several times, and did this again just now. Still the
same.
I think I may have to get another device.
Cheers
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @gordi1604, thanks for stopping by! Also, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot about the issue with your Charge 3 screen.

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here. You're in good hands my friend! 😉

Thanks for your help @SteveH

Please let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This product is so frustrating. My Charge3 died after 8 months. I jist got my free replacement, but it is now just a useless pice of plastic. It won't move out of www.fitbit.com/setup mode. I already have an account, just rying to reconnect it. It just should not be this hard to own this product. There is probably an easy fix, but finding that fix is time I will never recover in my life. Argg.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @DanielW1997. I totally understand where your concern is coming from. Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

While reading your post I was wondering if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

If you've not done so, I'd suggest to try the following:

1. Remove the old Charge 3 from the phone's Bluetooth settings.

2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.

3. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.

4. Setup your Charge 3 as a replacement.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response. I had to use a new/different email address and
start from scratch, as it would not let me continue on with my old
credentials. But it's fine, that worked, so I am all set.

Thank you

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @DanielW1997, thanks for coming back. I'm glad to hear that you're all set now. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a brand new charge 3, I have the dashboard on my chromebook so it looks like my set up went fine but the charge 3 still has the scrolling set up. If I have to redo the set up, I don't know how. 

Best Answer
0 Votes