Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is not pairing with Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any new information out there about steps to take to fix Charge 3 syncing problem with Bluetooth? I tried all the Fitbit suggestions and nothing works. Now my clock is OFF by 18 minutes ?????? Need some help here, thanks friends.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @OhioState! Thanks for already troubleshooting the syncing difficulties you're having with your Charge 3. Nice way to go!

While reading your post I was wondering if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

If your device is compatible, but the issue persists. In order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Charge 3 and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" or "Unpair".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. 

If the issue is not solved after the above steps, please take a look at the help articles: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? or  Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope this helps, let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I have tried your suggestions, many, many times to no avail. Now my clock is not working properly. What would cause that? I am syncing with a laptop through Windows 10, not through a mobile device. Everything was working fine for about two months then my Charge 3 starting to malfunction. My Charge 3 is basically worthless right now, can't connect to Bluetooth and it doesn't provide the correct time. When a Fitbit device cannot connect to Bluetooth, none of the features work so this problem is very frustrating. Maybe it is time to get a replacement. Again, I have tried ALL suggestions and followed the instructions carefully. Nothing seems to work.
Best Answer

Hi @OhioState! Thanks for getting back and for following the recommendations provided. 

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I saw that you got in touch with our Support Team after posting here. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply back to your support case, our team will be more than glad to provide updates of it.

If there's anything else I may do to assist, let me know. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi,

I am currently having this exact same issue (bluetooth not working, can't sync, time incorrect (which is the worst, since 90% of the time the purpose of the fitbit is to be my watch), and doesn't show up on my android phone or my husband's android phone.) I've tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the fitbit app on my phone

- "Forget this device" on the app on my phone

- Turning bluetooth off & on on my phone

- Restarting my fitbit Charge 3

- Factory resetting my fitbit Charge 3

- Plugging in my phone

- Plugging in my Charge 3 (although its 85% charged)

I'm thinking the bluetooth transmitter is just busted. Did you ever figure it out? Do I need to replace it? I've only had the Charge 3 for 6 months. I'm thinking I would have been wiser to go with an Apple watch. Very frustrating. I had a fitbit back in the day that gave me a rash, but at least I knew what to do about that.

Best Answer

@TheJuliaBoolia Welcome to the Community Forums. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting your Charge 3 prior to contacting us.  

As mentioned, keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

If your phone is compatible, besides the steps you already tried, please follow these one in the following order:

1. Remove the old device(s) from the Bluetooth settings (in case you have more Fitbit devices that are no longer in use).

2. Remove your Charge 3 from the Bluetooth settings on your phone or any other phone you tried to set it up with.

3. Restart your Charge 3

4. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.

5. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.

6. Setup your Charge 3

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried all of those things. My android phone is supported for the app, as it was working up until 4 days ago, and the app hasn't updated recently (and doesn't seem to have an update available.) I can't reset anything about my Charge 3 from my phone because when my phone scans for bluetooth devices, my Charge 3 does not appear on the list anymore. I do not have any other charged and functioning fitbit products in the house. It does not appear on my ipad, or my husband's android phone either. I'm really thinking that the bluetooth transmitter in the Charge 3 is no longer working. I'm open to other suggestions, but so far I've tried everything that's been suggested to me. I really think it needs either surgery on its bluetooth parts or straight-up replacement.

Thanks,

Julia
Best Answer

Hello @TheJuliaBoolia, thanks so much for getting back and following the troubleshooting steps I've recommended. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Best Answer

Hey Julia,

I am having the exact same issue as you. I've done everything that has been suggested as well as emailed support. I'm curious as to what the outcome was for you.

- Marlena

Best Answer

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. My charege 3 is not connecting to any bluethooth. 

I tried to connect it to my laptop, my phone and my wife's phone, but its not working at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 won't pair with my Bluetooth! And yes it is an approved pairing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, the day after I posted this my charge three screen wouldn't turn on but would still buzz. Then it just completely died, no charge nothing literally a dead electronic. 

It was still under warranty so they agreed to send me a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Compatible with phone could be issue

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone is compatible
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @CozyReads, I'm glad to hear that our Support Team sent you a replacement. 😉 I hope you're enjoying it! 

Hey @Mayankp22, thanks for stopping by and already troubleshooting the syncing issue. 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. Keep an eye on your inbox for updates on your case.

Thanks for helping out @Redsoxgrl15🙂

Hi @Kmercer, thank you so much for following the recommendations provided here. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi all,

After many attempts, the fitbit support service has worked with me to order
a replacement. Good luck to everyone with your issues with your devices.

Julia
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problems, have attempted all of the proposed "fixes" and still nothing works!  I also use this as my watch, and the time is so screwed up it still says it is yesterday!  Maybe I should think about a different brand of devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TheJuliaBoolia. I'm glad to hear that our Support Team has replaced your Charge 3. We hope you're enjoying it. 😉

Hey there @Martingail23, thanks for stopping by and following the tips and recommendations provided in the Community Forums. 

Is the mobile phone you're trying to sync with included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

1. Remove the Charge 3 from the Bluetooth settings or any other phone you tried to set it up with.

2. Restart your Charge 3

3. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.

4. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.

5. Setup your Charge 3

Give this a go and let me know if this time you can successfully link your device, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You guys havent updated the compatibility with phone, so there isnt anything that  can be done until that happens

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the phone is listed as compatible.  I will be doing a half-marathon in a few weeks and need to have it to count my steps.  Now, the Fitbit has a completely black screen and just vibrates continuously as soon as I press the button. Lasts for about 8-10 seconds and stops.  This is while on the charger.  Removed from charger and redid, but still nothing.  I need someone from Fitbit to contact me asap!  I've had various Fitbits since 2013, but didn't have any problems until I purchased a Charge.  I purchased this one on March 16, 2019 - it should NOT be dead yet!

Best Answer
0 Votes