Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate floors

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge hr is showing I have climbed several flights of stairs a day when I haven’t climbed any. This has only started recently any suggestions 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Aloha my friends @Dorinda1 and @SunsetRunner, it's nice to share the forums with you. Heart

Welcome @Dorinda1! As my friend @SunsetRunner mentioned, the floor counter in the Fitbit is manipulated by windy environments since this might get your tracker's altimeter to think that you are climbing floors due to air pressure (e.c. the A/C). My recommendation is to restart the Fitbit following the steps provided by @AlejandraFitbit, test the floor counter the next days and check if is still counting that amount.

Let me know if you have questions.

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

The tracker uses an altimeter to track floors. Changes in atmospheric pressure can be interpreted as floors.

Best Answer

Aloha my friends @Dorinda1 and @SunsetRunner, it's nice to share the forums with you. Heart

Welcome @Dorinda1! As my friend @SunsetRunner mentioned, the floor counter in the Fitbit is manipulated by windy environments since this might get your tracker's altimeter to think that you are climbing floors due to air pressure (e.c. the A/C). My recommendation is to restart the Fitbit following the steps provided by @AlejandraFitbit, test the floor counter the next days and check if is still counting that amount.

Let me know if you have questions.

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer

Yes, we have stormy wether just now, and my Ionic has registered 7 floors. I have walked in  our apt. about 7000 steps. I think the programmer can fix it, so the airpressure must be stady in about 15 minutes.Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 3. I frequently get credit for dozens of floors when I haven't climbed any.

I've had my FitBit for almost a year now and it's always done this, but it seems like it's getting worse.

Best Answer

how can I edit the floors climbed?
like others I've had instances where my charge hr counted floors that I had not climbed - during stormy weather, on day it said I climbed 38 flights when it was more like 10 or 12
how can I edit the floors climbed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it helps, floors do not add onto the amount of calories you burn. It is just there for motivation. I was really annoyed at first but after realising they don't affect any other metric I just kind of ignore it now.

Best Answer

I have a Charge4. Recently experienced the same issue. Today I had a very idle day. Only about 3500 steps! Yet it counted 40+ floors!  One day it recorded 75 floors! 
 Chatted with a rep, who recommended restarting the tracker. Didn’t help. My tracker is a few years old & minimally broken (at the wristband connection). I’ll probably be moving on to a new tracker. 

Best Answer