Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App blocking car bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Strange one, but seems to happen in the USA more often according to web searches.

For the last 4-6 weeks, my phone wouldn't connect to my car. I spoke to the dealer that i bought the car from, as well as Vauxhall. They told me to go to a dealer and have the media system checked out and updated if there is one. This WOULD HAVE COST a small fortune so I gave up, thinking that my car would never connect again.

UNTILL

Since a recent update, my Fitbit refused to sync to my app. So I uninstalled the app on my phone, with the intention of reinstalling it. I was waiting to get back onto wifi to reinstall. The next time that i got into my car, lo and behold, my phone synced correctly to the car. I reinstalled the app, and surprise surprise, the phone wouldn't sync to the car. I have tried turning off the always on setting, tried playing with all sorts over the last 6 weeks or so without even thinking that the App on my phone would cause such an issue.

Proper first world problem, but that fact that my fitbit is nothing more than an expensive paperweight at the moment is disappointing.

When will a solution be issued??

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@chrscllngs Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting the situation you were experiencing with your phone not connecting to your car.

Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too.

I will send this report to our team for further investigation. Thank you so much for providing all those details.

Also, in the meanwhile, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! .

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing the workaround?? What uninstalling the app from my phone and consigning the fit bit to my bedside drawer

still no useful answer

Best Answer

I bought a new Charge 2 this weekend, and ran into the same problem - my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) does not automatically connect to my car bluetooth any more.  It will manually connect, by going to settings/connections/bluetooth and then tap on the car connection in Paired devices.  I'm going to try turning off the Always On setting to see if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is ridiculous. I’m suppose to uninstall Fitbit every time I drive and reinstall when I stop driving??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't uninstall the app but forgetting the device in Bluetooth seems to work. App still sync'd fine after and suddenly the phone auto connects to car again.

Best Answer
0 Votes