Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t sync and won’t pair after removing it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know there are only like 3 people that have this device right now, but if anyone else that has it can check...is yours syncing ok? Mine last synced 4 hours ago and when trying to force a manual sync it wouldn’t get past “looking.” I tried the usual fixes - turning bluetooth off and on, removing the C3 from the app and my phone and attempting to re-add it, power cycling my phone...nothing works. The user manual says to press the side button for 8 seconds to reset, but all that does is bring up the screen wake/notifications toggle screen. Just issues due to it being new/unreleased, or is it possible it crapped out on me already?!

Current::: Charge 3, Aria /// Retired::: Flex, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Charge 2
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SteveH wrote:

This suggests that the fitbit has to be on charge when you hold the button for 8 seconds. Have you tried this?

@pilv13 wrote:

What are you synching it with? What phone do you have? Is it listed as supported? 

I tried restarting with it both on and off the charger with the same results. I have an iphone 8 which is supported. I ended up going into the settings on the C3 where I was able to clear the data, then it repaired quickly. Not ideal since any unsynced data is lost that way (so ~2300 steps for me), but at least it’s paired again. 

Current::: Charge 3, Aria /// Retired::: Flex, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Charge 2

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
731 REPLIES 731

I've seen the manual section that describes how to restart but there is also this help file: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

This suggests that the fitbit has to be on charge when you hold the button for 8 seconds. Have you tried this?

Best Answer

What are you synching it with? What phone do you have? Is it listed as supported? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveH wrote:

@pilv13 wrote:

I tried restarting with it both on and off the charger with the same results. I have an iphone 8 which is supported. I ended up going into the settings on the C3 where I was able to clear the data, then it repaired quickly. Not ideal since any unsynced data is lost that way (so ~2300 steps for me), but at least it’s paired again. 

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear you were able to manage this syncing inconvenience with your Charge 3 @jlpayne! Thanks for sharing the steps you've done in order to sort this out, I'm pretty sure this will be of help for other users. Man Wink

Just note that a factory reset erases all apps and personal data from Charge 3. 

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

So, a factory reset is not really an acceptable solution to a sync issue. Fitbit has a bluetooth problem generally that they need to address and push out to customers.  This Charge 3 is the third Fitbit product I've owned and all have had sync issues.

I have the latest device (Android, Galaxy S9), works seamlessly with other apps, so it's not a device issue.

Best Answer

Agree! Searching the boards for a solution that works for me and all I see are the moderators passing the buck. Back to best but my fit bit goes.. see ya!

Best Answer

I have had same issue two days in a row.
Charge 3 (not NFC version), iPhone 6 on iOs 12. Latest version of fitbit app.

This has happened twice when I plugged in my phone to charge, 20-30 mins later I check something on watch or app (since it's so new I guess I am doing this a lot more than 'normal') and it cannot sync, so steps on watch are different to app as it's stopped syncing somewhere along the way.
Both times, tried in this order: turning bluetooth on/off on phone, force closed app, rebooted iPhone. None of these things worked, it still would not sync. Connected fitbit to charging cradle, held side button for 8 secs, which restarts fitbit, and it connected/synced fine afterwards.

Not ideal if you are away from charging cradle, I don't want to have to carry it with me, the whole point of having a battery that lasts a week is so you just leave it on and forget it. If I wanted something I'd need to connect up everyday I'd have got an Apple watch lol....

Would be good if fixed, looks like a common issue as there are several threads on this. Mine seems to have disconnected/lost sync while phone was charging. 

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue described by everyone. Randomly disconnects from Bluetooth and unable to sync after 4-6 hours of wearing. Factory reset fixes the issue but it happens again after another 4-6 hours. 

Best Answer

Yes, if it synced, I wouldn't be returning my device. Too bad really.

Best Answer

503D5EBE-D2BA-4B0A-86FD-544920587D10.jpeg

This ended up happening last Friday as well. The screen just completely froze up for about an hour. It was still tracking steps as I could get it to sync to my phone, which leads me to believe the software is buggy and will hopefully be updated soon.  

Best Answer

I go to settings on the C3 and cannot see a 'reset' option - am I looking in the wrong place? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

got new charge 3 had charge 2 won’t connect to phone. It did when setting up now it just says looking when syncing 

I have iPhone se 

Best Answer

@CJW2707 wrote:

I go to settings on the C3 and cannot see a 'reset' option - am I looking in the wrong place? 

You press the button for 8 seconds while it’s in the charging cradle. There’s a “clear user data” option in the settings but that wipes everything and you’ll lose anything you haven’t synced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

C3 stands for Charge 3. Also FB3 of FBC3

Best Answer
0 Votes

At this moment I have an FBC3 for 24 hours. The synchronization only worked for the update of FBC3! Then I tried all the tips and tricks that I found without result. When I look at this community, I am unfortunately not the only one! I am very disappointed ......

My question; When will there be a solution from the makers of FBC3? or is it better to send FBC3 back to the store and buy Charge 2 or another product?

Best Answer

Same issue. At this point I think we could all work for FBit support. Buggy software. They're releasing products that aren't ready..

I'm so sick of it and so annoyed with myself for buying it when it first came out. I would have waited for all the 'fixes' except my Charge 2 died

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem!  3 days ago my Charge 3 wouldn't sync so I unpaired it and now it won't pair again.  Any advice on how to pair without losing all of my personal data?

Best Answer

My second day with Fitbit, and I have the same issue. I am going to try the solution recommended.

Best Answer