Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 blank screen and stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 4 stopped working; no screen; vibrated like crazy.  It was already at 75% but charged it up overnight; started working until next morning; then next morning blank screen again.  Put on charger and held button for 8-10 seconds and smiley face came back - but nothing else.  This went on for a day or so and as long as I charge it every morning every day it worked ok. Couple months later it started not working again.  Called Customer Service; cleaned back lights with alcohol and dried.  Put back on charge for 5 minutes and pushed button, smiley face came on but nothing worked.  So I am out of warranty by 2 months unfortunately.  Fitbit Warranty sent a discount code for purchasing another Fitbit for 35% off.  Now the best part; tried to order the charge 5 and it would not accept my discount code, I guess, because its on sale.  Thanks for nothing.  This is the second Fitbit I've had - don't know if I want another one or not.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @takencareofbus.

Thank you for informing us about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 4 and for the troubleshooting steps you’ve performed.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

For more information about your discount you can chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen goes black and doesn't respond. Doesn't record activity when black. It is like it shuts down. Have good charge and came back on when I connected to the charger. Rebooted, closed and opened app, held button 8-10 seconds, did factory reset. Tried all these multiple times. Nothing works and it goes black after a short time (less that a day and sometimes in a couple hours). This is the 3rd fitbit that has had this problem (1 charge 3 and 2 charge 4). Of course none of them are in warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, I have the exact same issue which started two days ago. Seems a bit odd that both our devices have the same issue at the same time.  Mine is about 2 months out of warranty as well so onto support I go.  I will have to switch brands if they tell me its toast, guess I can save the $10 a month on the premium service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Charabalos @TimFB.

Whether you haven't done so, please restart your Fitbit Charge 4 and try to change the clock face by following these instructions.

If you followed our recommendations without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes