Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altimeter / Floor Counter for Charge 5?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does Charge 5 have an altimeter or some other way to count floors climbed? I bought the Luxe without fully investigating all the specs and want to make sure. 

Best Answer
238 REPLIES 238

I had a charge 4, the strap is broken from the connector, only way I can using it is wrapping it around my wrist with a sweat band!
I thought it will be nice to get the upgrade charge 5, wrong decision!!!
🤷🏽‍:male_sign:

Best Answer

I completely agree on the deceptive advertising here... Google driven?, just saying! Altitude (aka Stairs or Vertical climb) is a VERY important feature for me. Stupid move to remove the feature! It worked great (unlike GPS) and doesnt suck battery power. 

Best Answer

As do I. Sadly, I traded up due to cardiac features. Good ideas for my wife. For me, not so much.

Best Answer

don100k -

Contact support and they will send you a free replacement charge 4.  This is a known issue with the charge 4 and fitbit is replacing them, unfortunately the new one will have the same issue. 

Mine broke and I bought a charge 5, what a mistake that was. 

I contacted support via chat and I had a new charge 4 at my doorstep in 2 days, free.  Now I have a useless charge 5 that does less than the charge 4.  

Best Answer

It would certainly be wise on the developer team to reincorporate the altimeter in the Charge 5 and offer replacements to all comers disappointed by its deletion, without notice in the product description! Merry Christmas, indeed. Humbug.

Best Answer

Agreed!  It may calm the anger many of us are feeling

-------------

Agreed! VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Best Answer

I agree gps is a battery drainer also not Necessary for those that don’t jog outside. 

Best Answer

The screen on my Charge 3 was dying, then started suffering from the intermittent short vibration / button tapping problem, so I got a Charge 5.  I had gotten the "Spaceship" badge during the almost 2 years I wore my Charge 3.

It's a bummer that floor tracking went away with the Charge 5, and hopefully it comes back in a future product.  So far my Charge 5 works well and I'm happy with it.

I haven't recycled my Charge 3 yet, so I'm going to hang on to it, and will re-pair it if I do a stair-climbing challenge or hike in hilly areas.

Best Answer

A charge 4 special edition is now winging its way to my house I choose it over the charge 5 for the reason of no altimeter step counting and loads of stuff being locked behind a paywall on the 5. 

Best Answer

Kate, It's a shame.  I suspect that Santa has a Charge 5 for me (I have the 4 currently).  From what I've heard, it sounds like he'll be returning it back to the North Pole.  

Any thoughts on why they thought this was a good feature to remove?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!!

Steve

Best Answer

No we don't have to make a compromise. We don’t have ro buy their products at all. It’s our freaking money. We are the consumer and if they can’t make a product that the consumer wants to pay good money for, they need to adjust. We don’t have to settle. Ever. 

Best Answer

You're correct. When Santa brings me the Charge 5, I'm going to ask him to
take it back to the North Pole.

--
Regards,

Steve

Moderator edit: removed signature. 

Best Answer

I returned mine back to Santa too

Now I have an Apple Watch 

( I still liked my charge 4, it is a shame that it broke  from the strap connection)

happy holidays 

Best Answer

I suspect they had to make a sacrifice and could not fit them all in keeping small size, battery life and costs down for customers but ultimately it’s a shame no step counting for the people maybe they’ll add to charge 6 now they can see how unhappy the people are. 

Somebody said on a previous page fitbit replace for free I think Re this issue?

Best Answer

Hi @Riccccccardo  not sure what you mean. Fitbit isn't replacing anything for free, unless it's a warranty issue that is covered. Not having an altimeter isn't a reason for a free replacement.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi I was referring to the person that said they had a broken charge 4 connector. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, that makes sense @Riccccccardo . It's why on such a large forum, that tagging people helps us. Each Charge 4 claim is handled individually, so that would be up to customer support.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which Apple Watch did you get if I may ask and does it have a stair counter?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone!

First off, I wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. Secondly, since this is a feature that wasn't included with the new Charge 5 and users have shared all their feedback about this over the past few months, I will be closing this thread. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Charge 5 that is not related to Altimeter/Floor count with this device, please know that you can always start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps. Your feedback is truly appreciated, and we'll continue working to improve the Fitbit experience.

Have a good day.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer