Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Charge 5 Firmware Update (1.149.11)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

Update 11/7

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5 will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app.  

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find release notes here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5 here.

If you run into difficulty updating please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone!

First off, I wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. Secondly, since the majority of Charge 5 users have reported successfully updating to Firmware Update (1.149.11), I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your Charge 5 to 1.149.11, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your tracker.

If you are experiencing an issue with your Charge 5 unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. Thanks again for all feedback on this release.

Have a good day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
59 REPLIES 59

I have been trying all day to install the firmware upgrade that my fitbit app tells me is available .. it continues "loading" but then comes back and tells me it was unsuccessful and try again.  The phone (iPhone 12) is sitting 2" away from the fitbit that is plugged into a USB port .. thoughts? suggestions? Thanks.

Best Answer

Bro.

The Charge 5 isn't even listed on the release notes page. I have already filled inn the "did you find what you are looking for" at the bottom a month ago, but it's still not there. Why are you referring to something that isn't there?

Also got a forum survey just now, Charge 5 isn't there either under "which device are you using". 

How small is the fitbit team really? 😞 BUT, really happy with the update and that the EKG-app is live! 🙂

Best Answer

Like the ECG and the in app option to export results to pdf. 

Appreciate the addition of a new clock face, but a missed opportunity there. All the faces are too "artsy" for my liking. Something simple, with a red colour scheme, date, time, pulse (perhaps with an ECG style graph) would be perfect for my taste. 

Best Answer

I am being prompted to install the update via the app on my phone but my phone never completes, it tells me "Something went wrong" and I have the fitbit plugged in and two inches away from the phone .. I've been trying this all day today (11/9).

Best Answer

Have you tried turning on both WiFi and Bluetooth?  Mine loaded really quickly (no ECG App though, sadly).

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

ECG works. pdf option / report looks good.

I don’t see any new clock faces. Are there any new clock faces?

I also activated readiness score. Need to wait 4 / 14 days to have an opinion. 

So far so good.

Pending for me:

1 bring back Relax app

2 bring back agenda app

3 bring back weather app

4 make more options in countdown app. Now it is only min/ sec. I need hours also. 

5 let’s see if onboard GPS works better

6 better swim app
7 more clock faces or options to customize 

Best Answer

I think the new clock face is the "statposter" might be a different one, but there's definitely one more than there used to be. 

Readiness score appears to be premium only....so I'll not be playing with that (cba with the trial)

Best Answer

Mine finally worked while I was wearing the FitBit and kept the phone nearby .. not plugged into the charging cable. It took less than 5 minutes.

Best Answer

The new clock is “Rise up”

3E044AC6-D339-48BA-A980-F52F3A3BABFC.jpeg

Yes, Readiness score is premium only. And I guess this is the reason why it is visible only in app, not in the device. 

Best Answer

I have premium, the daily readiness tile is there but tap it and it does nothing, just taking up space:)

Best Answer

Thanks for identifying the new one

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the update on charge 5.

LOVE the ECG app!

The daily readiness shows in the Today section of Fitbit but does not work, “Get started” is indicated but does nothing when tapped.  It does not show in my premium section.  some kind of glitch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Charge 5 for a week now, two days ago I installed the latest firmware update with the ECG and since then the battery barely lasts me a day and a half, is this normal, can it be a problem with the device or is it the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is not normal. My Charge 5 consumes about 10-15% of battery life in 24 hours. My watch settings are as follows:

Auto screen on with wrist movement

Screen brightness at default

Vibration at max

Screen on time at default

Notifications on

Wallet not in use

SpO2 in use

Sleep mode on schedule for 7 hours every night

GPS off (If I use GPS for about 1.5 hrs then battery consumption goes up to around 20-25% in 24 hours)

I use ECG and EDA once a day if I remember

If you have not restarted the unit yet try doing it. Swipe down until you get to Settings then tap that and then swipe up until you get to Restart. I suggest restarting a couple of times.  See if this helps.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

As usual with all updates fails to address fundamental flaws with device/software.. just been for a walk and still grossly if not even worse overestimating mileage/steps etc etc...and yes  I have done everything in relation to stride length restarting etc etc. Fitbit says 9.8 miles Apple Watch and Os distance measurements 7 miles!! These devices are utterly unreliable and updates useless in addressing. Fitbit.... S***bit more like! Last ever purchase of these devices my advice buy a different brand of device if you want a product that works properly!!

Best Answer

Hi everyone thank you for your replies and feedback provided so far. 

@Knuty Thanks for the feedback about the release notes, sometimes it takes a few days, but I included it in my original post, as many other users will check out this thread in the coming days and it's useful to have the article as reference. The Charge 5 has been included as well. 😁 

It's great to know that you've received the update, @LukmanC @ted2xusz. A new clock face has been included as you mentioned earlier, for other features or clock faces, make sure to check if the suggestion has been posted here, so you can vote for it. You can also post a new idea including as many details as possible so it can be reviewed and users can vote for it as well.  

@gidget91804 If you're still having trouble to complete the update, please make sure to follow all the recommendations listed in this article, as this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. 

@SunsetRunner @Nanlou1965 Thank you for sharing that you've been having trouble to set up this feature. Keep in mind that you must have your Premium subscription activated to use the Daily Readiness Score. If you still don't see any instructions when tapping on the tile, please try the following steps: 

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Clear Cache and Cookies for the Fitbit app on the phone's settings. 
  3. Restart your phone. 
  4. Log back in and check if you're able to set it up. 

You can find other important information about this feature here. If you're able to set it up, keep in mind that you still to wear your device at least 14 hours per day for 4 days and nights, including during sleep, in order to see Daily Readiness Score information.  

@samkajo Thank you for sharing your feedback. If you already tried the restart procedure and you've followed all the recommendations found in the forums to update the stride length and dominant hand settings, I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance so they can let you know how to proceed. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was an issue for me as well, but I went inside the settings, and performed a restart, then connected to the charger till it hit 99%, mine won't seem to hit 100%.  After the restart and charge the rapid discharge seems to subside a bit for me.

Best Answer

Nice to have the ECG app activated in this update. My readings were normal. So that's it kind of? Or is there a need to perform an ECG test frequently?

The display of more detailed data of recent exercises in the app seems new. Pretty cool.

Aria, Charge 5, and Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Android One) user.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What a joke, thought I would give a Fitbit another chance and yet again just run into connection issues. How can this still be the case after so many years?

After spending an afternoon trying to get it originally setup and it trying to pair to everyones phone in the office, and then having constant sync issues, I figured "hey an update, this might fix things"  BUT I CANT UPDATE..  I have gone through all of suggestions of resetting Bluetooth, resetting Device, removing the Device from my app multiple times, and it still wont connect or do the update.

Best Answer