Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly my Charge 5 is bricked. No obvious reason. It switched off when the battery ought to have been about 70%. I tried charging it. The blue FitBit logo appeared for a moment, then nothing. I left it plugged in all day but nope. It won't switch on. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Specky Sad to hear that your Charge 5 isn't working properly. Please try to reset your devivce following these Instructions:

1.) Connect your Charge 5 to the charging cable which has to be plugged into a power source.

2.) Press the button on the flat end side of the charging cable three times with a delay of one second between presses.

3.) Wait for around ten seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on Charge 5's display.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. 🤞

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, nothing happens. I tried multiple times. I noticed that when I plugged it in for this test, there was a brief vibration, but nothing appeared on the display. Disconnecting and reconnecting does not cause a further buzz. The app says the battery is 68% but refuses to sync.

When it first failed, I plugged it in and saw a FitBit logo flash up. I initially thought there might be a battery issue, but the watch did not become active again. I have not seen the logo since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Specky If you've tried resetting your Charge 5 without success, I'm afraid this could be a hardware failure. Your Charge 5 drained 2 percent of it's battery power since yesterday without the display being on and presumably no notification alarm. That would be a usual value. On the other hand it doesn't charge. I'd suggest contacting Fitbit Support to check what can be done:

Contact Fitbit Support 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Talahthas. Just to clarify, the 70% was my guess. The 68% was the actual figure reported by the app, which has not changed since watch died. It is not syncing. 

Thanks for the suggestion of contacting support but I've been thinking of switching to a different brand for a while due to the graphs in the Android app, which became terrible after an update a few months ago. I cancelled my subscription over it. Shame really 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes