Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remove the Menstrual Health tile on Charge 5?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have just bought and set up the new Charge 5, which, by the way, I love. Just one thing though I want to remove the menstrual health widget from my tracker. Is this possible? I have deleted from my dashboard on my phone, but can you delete from tracker? Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok I'm back with the problem fixed! Thanks so much to you and everyone else 🙂 what it ended up being is I DID have a menstrual cycle logged (no idea why as I've always said I'm male) 8 hundred days ago! Why I have no clue?  But long story short I went back in, re-added the menstrual cycle tile, deleted the period, removed the tile, re-synced and bang! All good 🙂 

Thanks again everyone this was truly sending me crazier haha 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hello Merrin,

I've just been researching and found this:

2021-10-20 (2).png

I clicked on the link about how to erase and troubleshooting, and am putting the link to that page here:

How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

I hope that works for you!

Best Answer

@Wibby Thanks for the research and screenshot shared. 

@Merrin Hi there. Glad to hear you're loving your Charge 5. 

While it's not possible to remove menstrual health tile from the Charge 5, you can always post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I've done this 🙂
Best Answer

Just wondering, please don't laugh too hard, and I'm assuming there is a simple answer, but in my case I'm a male and for what ever reason it's telling me on my charge 5 I'm on day 2 of my cycle!?  I've disabled everything I can find o the app but my tracker insists I'm a female on day 2 of my period?????? How do I get rid of this or should I return it for a full refund? 

Best Answer

Sorry but that was really entertaining.

1. Go into your profile and edit it to change your gender.

2. Go into the Menstrual Health tile on the app. Tap the period you want to delete. Tap the pencil. Tap delete. (If you have more than one period listed, delete them all).

3. Check you don't have period predictions turned on.  If you do, turn it off.

4. Go into the Today screen and Edit, then remove the Menstrual Health Tile.  Press save.

Hopefully that should get it off your today screen and maybe off your Charge 5 too.  I think if you do the steps in that order, it might work.

Good luck!

PS. If you already deleted the Menstrual Health tile on the app, get it back so you can delete the period information first.

Best Answer

Hi and thanks for helping me, I've done everything you said but there are no periods listed just says I'm on day 750 something?  I can add a period but there are none to delete? I've been going around and around for hours now but no joy, clearly the problem is I'm a stupid male, so... feel pity for my stupidity but I just can't get rid of it, I'm at the point of deleting my account this is driving me nuts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to think of everything possible.  I don't have it installed and I'm afraid to do it to see for myself and try solutions, in case I get stuck with it too...

I researched a bit more and it says you can edit the settings in the tile to turn on and off predictions etc.  I think if you have no periods to delete, there must be something else set that you need to delete, so I'm wondering if it is predictions.

I've taken another screenshot of some extra instructions. Have you tried these?  It might be worth trying again and if you can set to zero or delete all of things the settings allow you to, it might finally get rid of it.

2021-10-22 (2).png

Also, it might be a good idea to post screenshots or pictures of what exactly what you see on your app and tracker after you've tried these extra trouble-shooting steps.  Someone more techy than me might be able to swoop in and explain.

It's horrible when something keeps going wrong no matter how hard you try to fix it.  Stopping and taking a deep breath and stepping away is a good thing.  I'm hoping that by replying, it keeps this message near the top, where it will get more visibility (and hopefully help).

Good luck!

Best Answer

As of 10/29/21, I was able to remove the tile on my Charge 5 (after updating my fitbit app, syncing, restarting, presumably updating the tracker as well). Before that, I was stuck with it too. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great news! 

Did you follow the other steps we suggested first, like deleting periods and predictions first, or did you manage it another way?  

It would be really useful if you could be specific.

I tried to help people by laying out the different steps, and the final stages would be the ones you've shared.  It would be great if you could share the whole process, if you don't mind.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok I'm back with the problem fixed! Thanks so much to you and everyone else 🙂 what it ended up being is I DID have a menstrual cycle logged (no idea why as I've always said I'm male) 8 hundred days ago! Why I have no clue?  But long story short I went back in, re-added the menstrual cycle tile, deleted the period, removed the tile, re-synced and bang! All good 🙂 

Thanks again everyone this was truly sending me crazier haha 🙂

Best Answer

That’s wonderful news!

Thank you for coming back and telling us what worked for you!

Congratulations!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is it not possible to remove the tile?? I can't believe I just paid all this money and cannot get rid of it?

Best Answer

Why do we have to request this feature to be removed? It should have been an option to remove the tile from the Charge 5, just like you can on the phone app. The Charge 2 and Alta HR never showed this personal information. Displaying one’s menstrual information on my device without being able to hide or delete the tile is a violation of women’s privacy. Why does women’s health information need to be shown to everyone who has access to the device? I’m very disappointed and frustrated to have switched to the Charge 5 after being a Fitbit user for years. Please remove this display. Thanks.

Best Answer