Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Firmware Update 1.188.58

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Announcing the release of Fitbit Firmware Update 1.188.58.

This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device?. If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

• This firmware release has general bug fixes.

Full release notes from previous updates can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

• Step by step instructions for updating your Charge 5 can be found here.
  • If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums more organized. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and comments. 

As some of you have mentioned earlier, this update brings some bug fixes but there are no other visible changes on the device. Some firmware updates are exclusively released to address user-reported issues. You can find more details in this article on how to update your device successfully.

I'll mark this post as the Best Answer, not because a specific issue has been resolved, but so other members can know why this update was released and avoid any confusion. 

I noticed some of you mentioned a few issues, let me know if you were already experiencing these problems or if you started having issues right after you updated the firmware. 

@goarr @robinrunner66 @puj @Microqueen Please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article. to improve battery life in general and complete a three pulse restart using the charging cable by following the steps listed here. Keep in mind some of the features that make the battery drain faster than usual are: 

• Built-in GPS (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 4 day when using this feature regularly, or up to 5 hours if you use it continuously).
  • Always-on display (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 3 days when using this feature). 
  • Tracking SpO2 data (Fitbit points out in this article that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when collecting SpO2 data).

@mchili If you're still having issues with the notifications, make sure to follow all the steps listed here, that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app installed and to check all the compatibility requirements here. Keep in mind that you won’t see notifications on your Fitbit device if you turned on the Do Not disturb Icon or Sleep Mode. 

If the issue persists, try disabling the notifications completely on the Fitbit app and set them up again. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
270 REPLIES 270

What is new with this most recent firmware update? 

Best Answer

When did they release the new update ??
They didn't post any updates officially, where you getting this firmware version from ?

Best Answer

Just came here looking for the patch notes and just found this. Had the update just a few minutes ago and was wondering what's new... so no idea, hope we'll get information on the update soon...

Best Answer

I just loaded the app and it asked if I want to download an update. The version seems to be 57.29991.188.58

Best Answer

I’m curious too. I have not installed the update yet because I did not want to mess up my charge 5. 

Best Answer

I'm curious too. Following

Best Answer

I'm curious too. Following

Best Answer

On my TCL 20L the BlueTooth/GPS seems to connect quicker and might be more reliable.

On the paused screen the return/resume button is now at the top so it is far easier to select. This was a pet gripe of mine.

Best Answer

Nothing apparently:

no new decent analogue clock face

no return of the missing agenda app

Best Answer

There's a new "Find Phone" feature with this firmware update.

See
https://www.techradar.com/news/the-fitbit-charge-5-is-getting-a-smart-new-finding-feature

Swipe up from the main clock face and you'll see the new button just before the "Settings" menu.

Best Answer

No, that was added in the previous version, 57.20001.171.50.

Best Answer

My bad - I've only just seen on my watch. I'd delete my original post but that feature is not available on these forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the official fitbit update let's see

What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why doesn't it show the firmware version number?  Your link shows VERSION 1.171.50.

Best Answer

This shows the changelog for the previous update. The current changelog isn't there. That is why this thread exists to begin with.

Best Answer

Update turned off HR so no data and messed up sleep. Switched HR back on this morning and still nothing showing in the app, but activity log is showing HR log. They've really screwed this up!!

Update: watch restart fixed the problem, fortunately no data lost.

Best Answer

Also installed it today and haven't noticed anything new yet.  Posting here so maybe I'll see any follow on replies with new info.

Best Answer

I’ve had that feature for several months. This is a newer firmware update than that one. 

Best Answer

Every time I open the app, it tells me there’s an update for my tracker. I keep ignoring it because I’m not convinced it won’t mess up my Fitbit. 

I hope Fitbit posts something soon explaining the need for the update. 

Best Answer