Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Charge 5 is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
835 REPLIES 835

@YogaChick68 if your device is lees than a year old, you should get a new one for free.

But then again, everyone with a bricked device after the update should get a new device for free, as it's Fitbits fault that it failed.

Best Answer

941.91 bricked my Charge 5, and customer service says it wont cover under warranty because the Amazon seller wasn't an authorized seller.

Best Answer

I'm not sure it would work as my fitbit won't charge.  It has no charge to accept an update.

Best Answer

After the update, my Charge 5 stopped syncing.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ellsbells, I've overcome that personally (not to say your situation is the same) but when it goes totally dead and sits or goes into a particular state, you need to do the presses on the sync cable button separated by a sec or 2 repeatedly and eventually it'll push it to reset and turn back on, at least did for me after lots of fussing w it. So maybe there's hope for yours too but doesn't make a difference if they don't release an update. Until then we are out of luck.

Best Answer

Since the day before yesterday, my battery is draining faster and faster. Charged my Fitbit Charge 5 fully on Wednesday, it went dead the next day (yesterday) around 6 PM. Then charged it again until 94%, and it didn't even last through the night! According to my sleep data, it already went dead at 1.46 AM. What is going on and when will this issue be fixed? I bought mine mid April 2023, so I only have it for 10 months now.

Best Answer

same issue as others - after latest update screen won't come on -- tried all the troubleshooting tips no luck (over year old so no replacement) -- 2nd fitbit that died on me -- looks like time to move on 

Best Answer
There is no fix, this happened to me as well.
Best Answer

I'm apparently another casualty of this upgrade. My previously perfectly functioning, 17 month old, lightly-used, Charge 5 suddenly stopped charging, won't turn on despite trying all the troubleshooting options.  Now that I see lots of others suddenly have the same issues, I can't understand why anyone would buy another fitbit.  

Best Answer

It’s frustrating on so many levels. Now when I attempt to do the reset the charge 5 vibrates non-stop for about 5 minutes after I disconnect the charger. Still a black screen though. 

Best Answer

Fitbit charge 5

An Abnormal battery drainin after update my watch to 194.91.

I tried to reset, and charge it  several times but it didn't works. Now with my normal configuration battery only work for 3 hours; and with all stopped functions (ECG, and others) battery only works for a half day.

It's frustrating see through this forums,  that this is an old issue with no effective solutions from fitbit/Google

Best Answer

Hi thanks for the update, this doesn't appear to be available for me? I'm in the UK. Any idea when I will be able to update? Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since the firmware update my charge 5 shuts down at 50% charge. I need to plug it into the charger to restart. Has anyone else had this issue?  Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Given the number of people who seem to have run into serious issues, you should probably be happy to not update.

I've had no problems with the new firmware other than 1 or 2 glitches right after installation, no issues at all across multiple weeks since then, however I haven't seen any "must-have" items in 194.91.

For me, accurate tracking of HR/AZM, steps, and sleep, along with decent battery life (I recharge once a week - have most Notifications and add-ons turned off) are to me the key things.  The watch taking a stab at particular types of exercise I'm doing is good, but it already did so with the prior firmware.

"If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it."

Best Answer
  • I did not do a firmware update on my Charge 5 but in mid-to-late January screen went to the permanent logo (device 16 months old)
  • Tried the three-button push with the charger for 2 weeks, but other than logo disappearing then reappearing in 2-3 seconds, nothing happened
  • Eventually, after leaving charger on all-night, I woke up to black screen, but tapped hard and the charging status appeared (like normal, at 100%)
  • However, then Charge 5 would crash to the permanent logo look after only using 30% of the battery life (which started at 100%)
  • THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME: once I got the battery to 100% again and could access the device settings because it was syncing to the app, I loaded a different clockface (I chose Retroflip). I had previously always used the "standard" Charge 5 clockface
  • I am now on 4-plus days with no issues and the Fitbit is working like it did before my issues, only with a different clockface.
  • It appears my problem is solved.
Best Answer

I've been using the Zones clock face, both before and after updating to 194.91.

It gives me the information I want, and isn't too garish.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Charge 5 last year with new firmware or software. After that, My tracker just randomly shuts off. When I sync it to the app on my phone, it shuts off. Many people are having the same issue, even with Charge 6 but FitBit-Google does nothing to address the issue. They will though...When they lose a lot of customers and it's too late. The damage has been done!!!

Best Answer

Got the battery drain issue after updating. It was still under warranty so I got a replacement. Now it won't update to 194.91. It got pulled?

Best Answer

@Wisessing wrote:

Got the battery drain issue after updating. It was still under warranty so I got a replacement. Now it won't update to 194.91. It got pulled?

Yes, it got pulled. I guess that's proof the update bricked a lot of devices.

Best Answer

My app still shows 194.91

Best Answer