Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Not Tracking Sleep nor syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up my new FitBit Charge 5 this summer, but it has stopped tracking sleep?  Updated my phone app and also it isn't syncing

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Rjpnovember

Thank you for sharing this information about the inconvenience you've been experiencing with the new Charge 5.  

Before considering other options, please keep in mind that there are some factors that may prevent your tracker from recording your sleep. Please make sure of the following:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device as described in this help article.
  • If you slept for less than 1 hour for sleep patterns or less than 3 hours for sleep stages.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

If you haven't done so already, please try to complete a restart procedure following the steps listed here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

In addition, please wear your device on your non-dominant hand and monitor it for the next few days. In the meantime, for the nights that don't have sleep data, you can manually log your sleep by going to the Fitbit app, tapping on the "+" icon next to the sleep tile > Add Sleep Log and entering your details. 

Regarding the problem to sync your data, the restart should help with this as well, but I also recommend that you follow all the steps recommended in this article

Hope this helps, I'll be around.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues….again. Very frustrated with the Charge 5. It’s only 7 months old and it’s been an ongoing issue. Will not sync. Only tracks steps sometimes and no other metrics. 
I’ve tried all the steps suggested on forum and on Fitbit support site. Nothing is working. 

Best Answer

it was fixed but started not tracking sleep again, an I have tried the steps above

Best Answer

@SD1234 Thank you for confirming that you already tried all the steps suggested. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this and it seems they've provided you with some instructions. Let me know if you continue to experience any issue. 

@Rjpnovember Let me know if your device is indeed not tracking sleep or if you're having trouble to sync your data. If your device is not syncing, you won't see the sleep information on the Fitbit app. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes