Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Not Tracking Sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Charge 5 for my wife for Christmas and it doesn't track her sleep. I now see that this is a common issue with these, something she didn't have with her Charge 3. We've tried a few suggestions, but nothing has seemed to work. One night it did start recording 4 hours after she went to sleep. Is this something that can be fixed with settings or should I just return it?

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

Such a pity! Changing the clock helped only for one week!

Best Answer

Yes me too unfortunately

I changed my band also but unfortunately didn't make a difference 😡

Hopefully sleep recoding will continue for you😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I appreciate all the comments and feedback that you've shared about this so far. 

If you already tried all the steps mentioned here earlier and you still can't use your device, I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected.

See you around in the Community. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

if this is true it is a disgrace that we should have to buy another band
after already spending so much.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Thanks, but returned it, and am loving my Apple Watch!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Good on you I definitely won't buy another fitbit

Best Answer

Thank you! I would've never found it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I had the same problem as OP with my Charge 5 and I did the reset with the charger - problem solved. Do this and it should work again:

1. Connect your device to the charging cable.
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried steps suggested on several occasions but to no avail.

Thanks anyway

Best Answer
0 Votes

Change the clock to what? It appears none of the clocks state they support sleep. I definitely bought this to track my sleep. It should do it automatically. 

Best Answer

Very disappointed in Charge 5

Other previous Fitbits

have worked fine with tracking sleep but not this model

Continual resetting etc is not on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same is happening with my Charge 5.  I've had Fitbits for many years and this one has been one issue after another. Sometimes syncs, other times it won't. The sleep tracking has never worked correctly. Now it isn't tracking sleep at all. The only reason I got this watch is the sleep tracking. Have tried all the supposed fixes and nothing works. Chatted with support for an hour this morning and they had me try all the things I have tried a dozen times already. It doesn't work and researching online this seems to be a Fitbit issue that they are not resolving..for years. Will be my last Fitbit .

Best Answer

My Charge 5 charger has no button on the end that I can push three times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello & welcome @AnniB 

Sorry to see that you are having problems with your Charge 5 tracking your sleep and that it took awhile for us to respond to you. 

The troubleshooting step to change the clock face can sometimes get your device back to working normally. If changing the clock face resolves the problem, you can switch back to the clock face that you prefer. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello & welcome @JPB985 

The button you're looking for to restart your device is on the USB end of charging cord that came with your Charge 5. See the picture below. Click here for instructions on: How to Restart the Charge 5

Charge 5 Charging cable_pix.jpg

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I really appreciate your response. I do wish they would
standardize these USB devices. I have so many cables that it's a constant
hassle trying to figure out what goes with what. Again, thank you for
guiding me.
Best Answer
0 Votes