Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Syncing Some But Not All Data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 5 app on Android has worked well for many months. Last night the fitbit unit wouldn't sync or even charge. I restarted the unit and it is charging again. It is also syncing but just some of the data, like heart rate, while not syncing steps, as an example.

What causes these partial data syncs? And how to fix them?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @JP22BR 

Syncing issues just sometimes happens. It could even be your particular phone losing its signal or the Fitbit Tracker. I don’t think there is ever a sure way of knowing what causes it sometimes. But making sure your Android phone has the latest updates as well as your Fitbit App is updated that normally keeps things running smoothly most of the time. You said your heart rate is not syncing. Please make sure your heart rate is has not been turned off on your Charge 5 by accident. The screens tiny so sometimes an accidental tap can change things. Now if you noticed just the heart rate data missing from the time you lasted synced to the time you restarted and charged it wouldn’t  have contained any heart rate data during that time because it was on the charger and restarted. Of course the same applies to steps and other data. 
if you are still experiencing issues you can try restarting your Charge 5 again. You can also try logging out of the Fitbit app, turn your Bluetooth off, turn your phone off for 1-2 mins then turn it back on, turn Bluetooth back on, then log back into your account and try syncing again. If the problem persist try changing the clock face to see if that makes a difference. (Preferably a clock face by Fitbit for the moment)

😉I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes and if it’s syncing okay again. 
😉 

Best Answer

Thank you for the insights. Steps were not syncing, heart rate was syncing. 

Then, 5 minutes ago, without me doing anything, it all started syncing again correctly.

I thing something went wrong with the unit itself. Will keep an eye on it. 

Thanks again. 

Best Answer

Your so welcome @JP22BR! 😃 I’m thrilled your up and running again! Enjoy the rest of your evening and as always Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes